ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flat battery issues

172 cup
hello I hope someone may be able to help me,

when I leave my car stud still for longer than 10 - 12 hours it has a flat battery, but sometimes it will be okies, I was wondering if something was draining it or it could be the battery, I went to a place today and they tested the battery it came bk saying it was around 50% good, so I got a new one,
but I was just wondering what could be draining it or is the battery not getting charged while its running, ive no amp or sup in it?

thanks

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Probably a duff battery mate.
Check the altinator is charging properly too. Stick a multimeter across the battery with the engine running. Should see over 14 volts roughly

172 cup
cheers boys, I got a new battery so will see what its like tomorrow , if still the same gonna get a new alternator, and hopefully that will sort it, but was just wondering what else would course the issues.

172 cup
If you find out let me know as I have the same problem, it's charging cos I've drove it all over the place and battery stays charged, untill I lock it up at nite, then it drains the battery, took all interior lights out,stereo don't work so that's not it, I think it's something to do with the alarm, I just can't find where, so I just lock it up, pop bonnet, and pull battery off everynight

renault clio 1.4 16v
car tracking systems like netstar and the like, (ones that fit a gps module to locate the car) often cause battery drain issues, the system I had killed 5 batteries before I removed the system... best thing to do is to do a draw test on the battery, the car should not pull more that 12 - 15 milliamps when everything is off. if it is and you have a tracker fitted that would be the first place to check