ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

flat battery

1998 BMW e46 323i
after 2 week holiday my car needed jump starting back into life, I feared it may as the ignition is sometimes sluggish. After 11 mile drive it started again immediately and later in the day twice for small journeys.

I use my car a lot for work, should I get the battery tested and if needing a replacement,.. where have people found good prices?

Cheers for any advice.

Incidentally: went driving around france for two weeks in a metro/Rover 114GSi ha ha!!! Only saw one renault sport clio and two meganes, in the whole country. I think the Dieppe plant is positioned close to the UK for a good reason, only we buy them!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If the batteries about 3 years old it could be on its last legs . I got a new one from the local motor factors , it was about £32 iirc .I would imagine if you go to one of the big tyre / exhaust places it'll cost you an arm and a leg .

1998 BMW e46 323i
That's what I was thinkin' Mr Billy. I'll get it tested, as it's 5yrs old now it'll need replacing no doubt. Maybe GSF would be cheap... £32 aint too bad

Black Gold Meggy 225
I had this problem with mine. after nearly 600 quid. it turned out to be the CD changer consatntly drawing power.