ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

flat battery

1998 BMW e46 323i
after 2 week holiday my car needed jump starting back into life, I feared it may as the ignition is sometimes sluggish. After 11 mile drive it started again immediately and later in the day twice for small journeys.

I use my car a lot for work, should I get the battery tested and if needing a replacement,.. where have people found good prices?

Cheers for any advice.

Incidentally: went driving around france for two weeks in a metro/Rover 114GSi ha ha!!! Only saw one renault sport clio and two meganes, in the whole country. I think the Dieppe plant is positioned close to the UK for a good reason, only we buy them!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If the batteries about 3 years old it could be on its last legs . I got a new one from the local motor factors , it was about £32 iirc .I would imagine if you go to one of the big tyre / exhaust places it'll cost you an arm and a leg .

1998 BMW e46 323i
That's what I was thinkin' Mr Billy. I'll get it tested, as it's 5yrs old now it'll need replacing no doubt. Maybe GSF would be cheap... £32 aint too bad

Black Gold Meggy 225
I had this problem with mine. after nearly 600 quid. it turned out to be the CD changer consatntly drawing power.