ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flat spots and chokes

Clio 182 sport
Hi my 182 sport had a decat exhaust ready fitted on her since then ive started work on getting her up to scratch new springs,alloys and induction kit...the problem ive got is shes hitting a flat spot/choking intermittently at about 4k to 5k revs when i open her up almost feels like there is too much fuel being forced through ..would the rstuner fix this or am i looking at a re tune at a garage..thanks in advance

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
RS Tuner sorts out lots of issues with rough running, also has a half decent code reader so you'll be able to pick up on any other issues present.
Might be worth considering replacing the Lambdas, spark plugs and leads as well.

I wouldn't bother on the induction kit either, unless you just want it to make abit more noise.

Clio 182 sport
RS Tuner sorts out lots of issues with rough running, also has a half decent code reader so you'll be able to pick up on any other issues present.
Might be worth considering replacing the Lambdas, spark plugs and leads as well.

I wouldn't bother on the induction kit either, unless you just want it to make abit more noise.
Thanks mate already had the k&n induction kit put it sounds much nicer ..i can get it remapped locally for £300 or may go with rs tuner £200 just dont know whats for the best with the de-cat and induction in place ... leaning towards rstuner now thanks to you info bro