ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flat Tyre

Oyster Card
Got out the Clio earlier and was welcomed to a hissing sound after inspection I found that my near new Michelin has a slow puncture, was still hissing an hour later when I drove home (about 1/4 a mile) with it.

Probably be flat tommorow I was wondering if I drove down to Kwit-Fit would I be able to get a new tyre put on it on the spot almost, I don't mind waiting an hour or two but I need the car tommorow.

Spare tyre is flat whether it needs pumping up I don't know but it's only a cheap thing and we've had some dodgy weather round here so I'd rather not risk using it.

Plus do they check the condition of the spare tyre, I've heard they might stop you from driving off if it's knackard, I intend to get that sorted out but along with all my other problems my pride and joy has caused me I can't till I get paid on the 22nd.

Oyster Card
Okay cheers I'll drive down Kwik Fit tommrow to see if they can repair the tyre first if not I'll get a new one put on, do you reckon I could get it done same day, suppose it depends on how busy they are. Never had to get a tyre changed so I really don't know.

SLK 350
They maybe albe to salvage the tyre with some patching. Just depends on the nature of the puncture.

Mégane RS
Yeah they will drill a 6mm hole in the tyre if the puncture is on the main part of the tread and they pull a 7mm mpuncture plug through it to keep it tight