ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's BMW M2.

Simon@ASTUK

ClioSport Trader
  BMW E30 M3
I don’t think my pictures do the wheel tyre combo justice, maybe it’s the angle of the second picture? TBH they do look a lot better in real life.

If I do plan on keeping the M2 long term then I will get a set of KW/ AST coilovers anyway, and maybe go for a 35 profile tyre. This is a better picture of another M2 on stock suspension and on the same wheels 275/40/18 255/40/18 Michelin MPSS tyres.

View attachment 1396800

Give us a call when you are ready to purchase! ?

OsEtz40.jpg

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Bilstein on the coilovers would be best if used daily? MP coilovers are just rebranded KW's aren't they?

Still want to see a M2 on my wheels, think it'll look the absolute part!

IMG_9424.JPG

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Quick update:

I have now owned the M2 for 2 years, and done 11,400 miles, still no idea what I’ll replace in with next year (the plan was to keep it for 3) maybe a M2 CS.

The car is running well no issues, bar a blow out
on a M3 slip road, annoying as the tyre had only done around a thousand miles, luckily I had tyre insurance.
FD01F95B-88EF-4DAD-8A2F-0C2795C23759.jpeg

And I had the leaky rear lights ( common issue) changed for some LCI lights, and the exhaust tips changed under warranty.

2C308414-7CE4-4F6A-8A8E-37303E6D7247.jpeg

86E4547D-96CD-4556-AA6E-F3406777A436.jpeg

5DAD572D-64F9-434F-846D-AF1E2624B67E.jpeg

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Quick update:

I have now owned the M2 for 2 years, and done 11,400 miles, still no idea what I’ll replace in with next year (the plan was to keep it for 3) maybe a M2 CS.

The car is running well no issues, bar a blow out
on a M3 slip road, annoying as the tyre had only done around a thousand miles, luckily I had tyre insurance.
View attachment 1421023

And I had the leaky rear lights ( common issue) changed for some LCI lights, and the exhaust tips changed under warranty.

View attachment 1421024

View attachment 1421025

View attachment 1421026
lovely, looks so much better on the standard wheels.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Keep seeing loads of these around recently, and every time I do I swear they're getting wider and wider :p just love the stance of these things, absolutely great cars.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Bloody hell 3 years already. Decided if your upgrading it yet or plan on keeping it longer?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
15k! I'll still be doing more than that this year even without working for 10 weeks!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Small update:

The M2 had it's first MOT in November, it passed with no advisories!

IMG_3556.jpeg

Soon after I put the M2 into storage, the main reason I have moved into a new place and currently don't have enough parking, until I build a double garage and extend the driveway.

IMG_3671.jpeg

The M2 is in good company ;)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Well after 3.5 years of ownership the M2 has now gone :( I traded it in for a new M2 competition yesterday. I had an extended test drive in a comp in the summer and was very impressed. It addressed a lot of the OG M2 flaws (mainly the bouncy ride), the only downside is the exhaust note/lack of sound, but the M2 comp/ S55 does sound better at higher rpms.

Collected from storage to be traded in.
EEFC0E73-AC04-4132-ABC6-A37F8EDF928D.jpeg

It all come about quite quickly tbh, the OG M2 was due a big service in June and would also have needed 4 new tyres, this also coincided with Barons BMW doing me a great deal on a new Alpine white DCT M2 comp with a great spec!