ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flickering battery light

190 BHP Willy 2

Any ideas any other than alternator. Only started happening this morning and is intermittent.

190 BHP Willy 2

How much did you pay to get yours sorted? Not really a job I fancy doing on the driveway. Would be easier to get it done.

190 BHP Willy 2

I only got the car back tuesday. Its been sat on my driveway for 3 weeks. The throttle cable rubbed through a battery cable and earthed the car out, losing all the key codes and melting the throttle cable and also killing my new battery. So after doing the work myself and waiting for Renault to be able to re-code my car and download software to my ecu, it looks like I now have more trouble.

I went up to my car at lunch and noticed the positive battery terminal was a bit loose, 2/3rds of a turn. Run the car with EVERY electrical item on and no sign of the light. Is it possible this was causing the problem?

Also how expensive is it to fit a alternator? Anyone know?

Looked at gs&f in Hemel and can get one from there for £7? plus vat, Just feel guilty asking my mate, he always curses when fixing my car as theres no room to move and hes a fairly big lad so hasnt got the hands of a 5yr old which are required for doing anything on the 16v.

Could have been the +ve battery terminal. If you havent got a good contact then the battery wont be able to draw charge due to the high resistance.

Changing the alternator should be relatively easy, even on a driveway. Ive never done one on a clio but on vasrious other cars. Just make shure you get the right one as they can vary, even on the same model of cars.

190 BHP Willy 2

Battery was fully charged 2 weeks ago but then it has sat there since waiting repair. Only fixed on tuesday. been ok since then just this morning started flickering. Will see how it reacts when I drive it home seeing as it hasnt moved since tightening up the battery terminal. Albeit 2/3rds of a turn, could just be enough though.

hello mate had that on my willy got a new alternator and found out it was the wire on the end of the alternator which connects to it. aa done it for me for free