ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flickr Pro Account

Is it worth me upgrading?

I currently have 199 photos uploaded. I says that you can only see the last 200 that I have posted once I go over.
Does that mean that all linked photos in threads that I initially uploaded wont be able to be seen anymore?
Does it mean that I cant look through them and delete older pics, if needed?

I dont know whether its worth as, as its not like im a professional photographer. Just do it for fun and then wh0re them on here tbh.. Is it such a big deal if I cant see the older photos, really?!!

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Id says its worth Pro gives a a few tools and its only about 12 quid a year?
I take a lot of photos if only at entry level but to me about a tenner/year for some where online to back up all my pictures in a structured way supported my a community is a bargain IMO.

If you do go over your 200 Flickr will hide the oldest pics and hold onto them so if you pay to go pro later it gives them back.

Good way of putting it Dan. My initial photos weren't that good/popular tbh, so losing them isnt a big deal. Its just when I get to more recent photos that it might bother me a little.

Works out at £15 per year, which isnt bad. I didnt think of it as a back up of my pictures, which is a good point tbh!!

It may be something that I do once ive gone well over the limit, rather than anytime soon...

Doee pro allow you to access the full size image? If I upload a 15 meg file I can only see it in 1024 x 800 or thereabouts!

DB.

BMW 440i
I'll be getting Pro when I am back from Thailand, maybe before so i can upload out there.

Small investment for back up/storage.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If BT supply your broadband, change the account over to the BT email address and you'll get free Pro.

I did this last year, but still get notifications forwarded to my other email.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive had Pro for about 4 years now. Im not a professional photographer or anything like that, i just like having all my pictures online somewhere.

Really good imo.

Sam!

I upgraded yesterday, as I went over the 200 photo threshold.

Ive been looking through the Flickr Stats. Some very interesting findings.
Someone has been linking my photos through a volvo website :p
Also one of my uploads from yesterday was linked on some random Japanese website lol. How do they find these things....

Last edited:

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I upgraded yesterday, as I went over the 200 photo threshold.

Ive been looking through the Flickr Stats. Some very interesting findings.
Someone has been linking my photos through a volvo website :p
Also one of my uploads from yesterday was linked on some random Japanese website lol. How do they find these things....

Through photo tagging. The more tags you have, the more people find your photos.

Sam!

Pro is worth it from my point of view...

Id find elsewhere however if i didn't want people to see my pictures... But the quality of pics is another key point once uploaded.

Didn't know about the free pro if your on BT Broadband, good thing to know :)

182 & Porsche 986
Got pro free with BT, i'm not even with bt anymore and it still have it..... shussh... I would buy it anyway tbh.