ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flippy paints...

ZX6R B1H
Would you consider these to be very max power and chavtastic?

2d3a_1.jpg

That kinda effect Im in two minds on if this kinda paint has had its time on the show scene or if its still funky and cool.

ZX6R B1H
Lusty.... says it all and No.... thats that out the window :D

I've ruined the paint i mixed by over tinting it, so it looks dirty now and not clean, I was thinking about a Black base again with a Gold pearl midcoat. Saves me painting the door edges. I've got until the next may bank hol to decide a colour for the clio.

ZX6R B1H
i like the alfa pearl white with a hint of blue

Its a very very nice colour, thing is.. My cars black. I would need to paint it white first then use the alfa paint over the white.

Lots of messing around. grrr.

ZX6R B1H
lol, was it really that long ago when these paints were cool. Blimy, i am getting old now.

I'll stick to playing with mica pearls.

clio 172 cup
spectraflair on the tvr but wouldnt work on a clio, i phoned up years ago(max power days) to get the quote for it £6,000 he said, that was 3times what my car was worth at the time lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pearl black on your clio and add more flake if you want a lot of 'flake popping' in your paint.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yep, a tvr can get away with it. On a clio though - waste of money & it looks awful.

I recon the Vee could get away with it...Esp the Purple/Green/Orange! :)

Rest assured i wouldn't do it, but i think it would get away with it.

In essence James's Bronze is slighly Pearl'd!

ZX6R B1H
Having a looksie on alsacorp, they do some funky ass paints and also house of kolour. Its pretty silly really doing all this considering its going to be battered on track :D Still Im a painter, and i can paint it for free :D It might just end up white at this rate pmsl.

spectraflair on the tvr but wouldnt work on a clio, i phoned up years ago(max power days) to get the quote for it £6,000 he said, that was 3times what my car was worth at the time lol

Iirc the l*sty clio had 9k's worth of paint on it.

I recon the Vee could get away with it...Esp the Purple/Green/Orange! :)

Rest assured i wouldn't do it, but i think it would get away with it.

In essence James's Bronze is slighly Pearl'd!
Yeah it is, it looks sooo good in real life.

I'm not sure about the ovther flip paint idea on the vee, I konow inferNO goes a bit different when the suns out. It may be a bit too OTT though.

ibiza cupra
why dont you get it vinyl wrapped in an urban camo style. that would be different and i think it could look quite good.

If you're stuck for ideas for a colour, have a look through your paint chips at work in some of the higher end stuff, I had a flick through some of the Porsche and Lotus chips at work and there are some stunning colours in there.

ZX6R B1H
Picked a fiat colour, I've been looking at the paint chips for ages so much so, it started to bore me senseless lol.

Anyways, i'm going to start work on it tomorrow :D

Some of the standard paints of other makes/models are pretty nice - aubergine on the fords was always good, and I'm liking the baby blue that fiat are using. Even Renault have a couple of subtle flippy ones that I've seen on scenics and the like.

There's a green in Lotus I think it is, that I reckon would look amazing on an all out track use clio.