ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

floaty ride

renault clio 1.2 8v
i was just wondering if theres anything i can do to get rid of the floaty ride when doing about 60 - 70. i hate going on the motorway by myself because of this, the car just doesnt feel safe. when i bought it the standard spliiter was hanging of so i took it off, was just wondering if this made a difference at all. its a clio mk2 ph1 1.2 grande

renault clio 1.2 8v
sorry for my ignorance mate, im not very mechanical minded, can you expain what that is please?

renault clio 1.2 8v
Splitter is there purely for aesthetic reasons. Has the car always felt poor/floaty?

i really dont know because when i had the car first i didnt do anything other than town driving, so have only noticed this when i went on the motorway

It could one of many reasons to be honest. Dampers/suspension, tyre pressures etc. Best get someone to have a look at it or take it to a trustworthy garage.

Storm Grey 200
When i took my alloys and suspension off and went back to standard the motorway wasnt as pleasant...

renault clio 1.2 8v
see i did have alloys but they made the ride worse so i took them off and i still have standard suspension, but i think it may be that because in the engine bay the top of the suspension is actualy lifting of the body, theres bout a cm gap between them