ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Floods in Darlo Almost killed my 172!

80MPG BEEZA
took gf through to hairdressers today came out it had been f*cking p*ssing it down big style jumped in car and there was water everywere.

stuck in big lines of traffic we evetually get past a roundabout to see infront a massive river in the middle of the road cars still going through it, the somewhat river what about 20 metres long and about a half a metre high, ok i cant stop i'll have to go through just take it steady, half way through the car cuts out! crap, i had to get out water up to my knees and mush my car clear while the gf steered!

got car past the mighty river and tried to start but a no go, i thought maybe ecu got wet as its not in a cover so check nope my viper kit decided it didnt want to bite it would suck try and suck the mighty river up, i yanked off the corner elbow and checked inside the throttle body its wasnt wet but my viper was soaked!

left the viper off tried again but still no go so i left it about 2 mins and tried again with some throttle and it turned over bit slugish though i let the engine run for 5 mins then took it down the motorway to avoid the back roads!

final thought for today is - MY SHOES ARE F*CKING SOAKING!

oh half way down the next street the water had blown the drain open and was gushing out about a metre high is was proper day after tommorow stuff

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
If the water was up to your knees surely it would have flooded the car when you got out? Unlucky though...

80MPG BEEZA
Notorious said:
If the water was up to your knees surely it would have flooded the car when you got out? Unlucky though...

some may have have actually got in i dont know its wansnt on my mind at the time i had shorts on my my gf's jeans were soaked to just below her knees

172 mk2 Iceberg
wicked ... lucky it hadnt got in to the air intake....
allways a worry if you have a low air feed

80MPG BEEZA
i didnt wana try and execute a 5 point turn as it was rainin so heavy you could barely see and it was purple flashs of lightning and thunder was roarin so i thought i'll just go slow, anyways its seems fine and dandy now i'll just think next time when i see a river covering the road!

Cup 172
Batman said:
took gf through to hairdressers today came out it had been f*cking p*ssing it down big style jumped in car and there was water everywere.

stuck in big lines of traffic we evetually get past a roundabout to see infront a massive river in the middle of the road cars still going through it, the somewhat river what about 20 metres long and about a half a metre high, ok i cant stop i'll have to go through just take it steady, half way through the car cuts out! crap, i had to get out water up to my knees and mush my car clear while the gf steered!

got car past the mighty river and tried to start but a no go, i thought maybe ecu got wet as its not in a cover so check nope my viper kit decided it didnt want to bite it would suck try and suck the mighty river up, i yanked off the corner elbow and checked inside the throttle body its wasnt wet but my viper was soaked!

left the viper off tried again but still no go so i left it about 2 mins and tried again with some throttle and it turned over bit slugish though i let the engine run for 5 mins then took it down the motorway to avoid the back roads!

final thought for today is - MY SHOES ARE F*CKING SOAKING!

oh half way down the next street the water had blown the drain open and was gushing out about a metre high is was proper day after tommorow stuff

Where abouts in darlo mate?

In Leeds yesterday, 10 days' worth of rain fell in 30 minutes. Not sure where the 10 day figure comes from, but that's what it said on the news.

tiTTy & SV650
defo dont drive through it, check the heatshield n stuff are still there, water will wreck the car