ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FM Signal loss and interference

I have had my JVC head unit for a while now and its been fine and my radio signal was near perfect.

But I have recently fitted a sub and took the head unit out to do all the connections and everything. Now I get hardly any signal what so ever! its really frustrating as it was fine before.

Also the sub seems to get interference when the cd changes track i.e. it amplifies the exact sound of the laser move back and forward.

Im thinking it may be an earthing problem? but not really sure where to look or what to check this

Any one else had anything like this before?

Clio 1.2 1995
where abouts have you got your sub/amp earthed? is it earthed to a piece of non painted bulkhead if it is just check youve not caught the earth from the head unit. if its happened since youve fitted a sub sounds like it might be the amp earth

yeah i have checked the sub earth and i had a sub in there before and it was fine so ill have to check the head unit earth.

where does it touch on the car?