ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus RS500 vs. Clio 200 Cup [Brown Bear will appreciate this]

Audi TT 225
lol no. If I had the £££ I'd buy the RS Mk2 in blue and put the 7k towards something else

Don't think you get the point "We would all buy the RS500 if we had the £££". If you need to save the 7k you don't have the money. lolz.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
assuming you laugh at yourself? everything he said is true, indisputably so

Nonsense. Utter garbage. So now we can't compare 2 hot hatches because of the price difference? So can we not compare a 911turbo with a gallardo? Or a 458?

I think you kids are forgetting that comparing, and considering buying both are 2 different things.

And as in all these situations, the driver makes all the difference. Crap driver in a FRS will be slower than someone with any talent in a 200, 172 etc etc.

Nonsense. Utter garbage. So now we can't compare 2 hot hatches because of the price difference? So can we not compare a 911turbo with a gallardo? Or a 458?

I think you kids are forgetting that comparing, and considering buying both are 2 different things.

And as in all these situations, the driver makes all the difference. Crap driver in a FRS will be slower than someone with any talent in a 200, 172 etc etc.

Its only worth comparing if its actually close in specs and performance........the RS500 has atleast twice the torque of the 200, this is the true measure of power, BHP is just a made up figure. For instance, all dyno's measure torque, then approximate BHP at the fly / wheels.....BHP is BS, torque is what you can actually measure.

Its like comparing a EVO to a scobby, thats a good comparison.........but a GTR to a 360 EVO....you could, but whats the point.

Evo 5 RS
Don't think you get the point "We would all buy the RS500 if we had the £££". If you need to save the 7k you don't have the money. lolz.

And my point is no, we all wouldn't. I don't need to save 7k as much as I'd prefer to instead of spunking it on novelty

Golf GTD Mk7
No. Similar size, but one doesn't have the added weight and losses of a 4wd system. He said rolling, so traction isn't an issue.

Surely the RS would spin up quite a bit though. Top end it would be quicker no doubt. Not sure on the weight though.

Evo 5 RS
I think he mentioned it being torque limited in 1st and 2nd on the RS500? Not sure if it's the same deal on the norm mk2

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Its only worth comparing if its actually close in specs and performance........the RS500 has atleast twice the torque of the 200, this is the true measure of power, BHP is just a made up figure. For instance, all dyno's measure torque, then approximate BHP at the fly / wheels.....BHP is BS, torque is what you can actually measure.

Its like comparing a EVO to a scobby, thats a good comparison.........but a GTR to a 360 EVO....you could, but whats the point.

Of course they can be compared! Why? Because people who are genuinely interested in cars, want to see it. I would say an exige can be compared to a gt3. A gt3 to a scuderia. Price, bhp means nothing in the equation.

PMSL at some of this. Good stuff :D

Two things that I'd like to add. Firstly, the RS500 will not be 'spinning up' anywhere. It's proper quick. M3/Z4M/Evo quick. IF that's your bag. Secondly, and probably more importantly in the ownership proposition, is that if you do a lot of motorway miles, the RS is a LOT better at doing that for sure?

The value for money aspect can be discussed all day long and reach no conclusion because it's personal preference. You can also buy something cheaper than the Clio that's 'faster' than both, so that's a moot point. The aim of the vid is to show how both cars are enjoyable but in slightly different ways. Both very capable and stronger in different areas than the other. The joy of driving if you will. You'd expect most people on a car forum to understand that but unfortunately, as always, the measure of a car on CS seems to be how fast someone else can get a car around a track. The 200 is doubtless an amazing car, but I promise with 100% certainty that no one would get out of an RS500 using words like, "needs 4WD", or "it's a bus".

Fiesta ST Stage 3
I have to agree with this .

On a side note Roy how does your one compare with the RS500 ???

PMSL at some of this. Good stuff :D

Two things that I'd like to add. Firstly, the RS500 will not be 'spinning up' anywhere. It's proper quick. M3/Z4M/Evo quick. IF that's your bag. Secondly, and probably more importantly in the ownership proposition, is that if you do a lot of motorway miles, the RS is a LOT better at doing that for sure?

The value for money aspect can be discussed all day long and reach no conclusion because it's personal preference. You can also buy something cheaper than the Clio that's 'faster' than both, so that's a moot point. The aim of the vid is to show how both cars are enjoyable but in slightly different ways. Both very capable and stronger in different areas than the other. The joy of driving if you will. You'd expect most people on a car forum to understand that but unfortunately, as always, the measure of a car on CS seems to be how fast someone else can get a car around a track. The 200 is doubtless an amazing car, but I promise with 100% certainty that no one would get out of an RS500 using words like, "needs 4WD", or "it's a bus".

Yeah. The MP350 kit uses the exact same parts and map as the RS500. The RS500 has a slightly different interior, red painted callipers, and obviously the matt black wrap.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Very Nice what does that take the 0-100 time down to with the extra power & torque ? a std FRS is about 14.5 i think

Yeah. The MP350 kit uses the exact same parts and map as the RS500. The RS500 has a slightly different interior, red painted callipers, and obviously the matt black wrap.

Quoted figure is 12.2 but obviously that includes a FWD 0-60 (quoted at 5.4). Not into drag racing so I'm not overly bothered with the numbers. The in-gear performance is quite shattering TBH.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
same as me but i do like to no what it can do . have been told after my live remap the 0-100 is around 13 ish so should be fun :)

Quoted figure is 12.2 but obviously that includes a FWD 0-60 (quoted at 5.4). Not into drag racing so I'm not overly bothered with the numbers. The in-gear performance is quite shattering TBH.

172, Tiguan
The only thing an RS500 will be doing is going from 0 - 60 into someones garage and staying there.

Can confirm the 200 Cup is rock solid. Struggled to type a text message in one the other day, bad times!

(Would love either).

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Same exhaust AFAIK matey.

I knew i'd seen it somewhere,Taken from evo roy...

Changes are mainly limited to the engine and trim. Power for the RS500 is increased by 44bhp over the standard RS and torque also rises to 339lb ft. An improved induction package is responsible for much of power gains. Modifications include a larger intercooler and improved airflow through air box as well as a larger diameter exhaust downpipe and uprated fuel pump. Changes to the ECU software allow the RS500 to retain the emissions and fuel consumption of the standard RS.

MCS R56
They should've super chipped the 2 hunder and maybe an IK too, to make it more level, power wise like.

Good vid. Wonder how a power swap would fair between these cars?!

182 Trophy
focus rs500, 8k more for a matt black wrap and an extra 40bhp is it?
nice work ford
ffs

It's not really. Owners are being approached and offered £46+ for the their cars. That's £10k profit just for signing the order book. Quite easy to justify in that sense.