ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

focus st modding begins

Focius ST
recieved my airtec intercooler today after getting it at a good price and decided it looked a little plain so made an airtec stencil

before
DSC_0015.jpg

during
DSC_0016.jpg

after
DSC_0019.jpg

managed to get round to fitting today

size difference with standard
DSC_0020.jpg

and how it sits now behind grill
DSC_0027.jpg

Good mod, but a little bit "after thought" with the spray painting. But meh, it's behind the grill.

Felt a difference with the car? Mapped? More pics?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Why spray writting on it?

Personally i would have painted the lot black..

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Undecided on the writing.... i'm leaning towards liking it i think! :S

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I like it but if it was mine It would have gone matte black, are you mapping it now?

172 cup TT
undecided really, looks alright.. i did mine all black, proper stealth... really hard to see mine actually

I like it! Out of interest, if you had sprayed it black, would it absorb more heat? Which is the opposite idea to an intercooler? Or is it not noticeable.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
You need to go to mountune and get there map.

EVO mag ran an RS and ST together a couple of years back.Ive copied and pasted the facts below...

""The Mountune mods for ST, on the other hand, amount to a different air filter, a larger intercooler than the standard ST’s and an ECU remap. That’s it. Yet the claims for power and torque – 256bhp at 5500rpm and 295lb ft from 2500 to 4000rpm – look a lot more conservative than the claims for the performance, 0-60mph in 5.9sec and 0-100mph in 14.1sec being pretty much what Ford claims for the RS…

What unfolds at Bruntingthorpe is, to put it mildly, interesting. The bottom line is this – in a straight line at least, the Mountune ST is quicker. There are a couple of places where the extra top-end power of the RS makes itself felt – 100-120mph in fifth, for instance, where 6.7sec plays 7.4sec – but just about everywhere else the ST has it, and in some cases by an embarrassing margin.

From a standing start it holds its advantage all the way to 140mph, between 30 and 70mph it’s 0.3sec clear and in sixth it destroys the RS through the mid-range, taking over two seconds out of it from 40 to 60mph and still holding a half-second lead between 80 and 100mph. The RS would have clawed back some honour by recording the higher terminal speed at the end of Bruntingthorpe’s two-mile straight but for the fact that it carried 10mph more on to the straight from the bottom corner, recording a peak lateral g of 1.03 against the ST’s 0.93. Clearly that butch body kit and big tailgate wing exact an aerodynamic penalty.

But it’s the difference in the character of the engines that’s perhaps most surprising of all. The RS feels punchier, harder-edged, peakier. The ST’s delivery is comparatively languid and has a little more lag – but once it hits 2000rpm there’s simply no stopping it. The bonnet rears up by a couple of inches and it pulls and pulls and pulls. And that sixth-gear flexibility is simply something else. By our reckoning, the Mountune ST must be pushing out at least 280bhp.""

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Montune as any owner will tell you will change the whole car for the better. It would be the first place i'd take my RS/ST.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
One on DW yesterday, Scooby... massive big wing with the words "if you can read this your speeding to"

Fail sticker failed hard at spelling.