ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

focus vs golf?

ph quick
big car for a feeble engine, they go cheap though... Not as bad as the old mk2 1.0 they made

This is going to get moved asap to other marques which you can't read.
I thought that golf looked cheap but then I realised it was a 1.4.
£2k is the very bottom end of the focus market, its going to be a right shitter for that money probably 1.4 lx spec in white. Dynamically the focus is better, the golf will hold its money better, the dash in the focus is looking dated now, the golf has better build quality.
If you enjoy driving get the focus. If you want something smart and presentable thats going to last you for years get the golf. 1.4 will be slow as fek in both cases though.

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
£2k is the very bottom end of the focus market, its going to be a right s**tter for that money probably 1.4 lx spec in white. Dynamically the focus is better, the golf will hold its money better, the dash in the focus is looking dated now, the golf has better build quality.
If you enjoy driving get the focus. If you want something smart and presentable thats going to last you for years get the golf. 1.4 will be slow as fek in both cases though.

cheers. yeah i know my membership just ran out, but i sold my clio the other day so no point rejoining. i can read but not post i think...

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
£2k is the very bottom end of the focus market, its going to be a right s**tter for that money probably 1.4 lx spec in white. Dynamically the focus is better, the golf will hold its money better, the dash in the focus is looking dated now, the golf has better build quality.

So wrong.

Both cars can be had for less than 1k.There both good drivers even though the golf will be heavy.

I would pick the focus purely on the basis that if it goes wrong i'd rather pay ford prices than VW ones

So wrong.

Both cars can be had for less than 1k.There both good drivers even though the golf will be heavy.

I would pick the focus purely on the basis that if it goes wrong i'd rather pay ford prices than VW ones

I ve driven both, the golf is vastly better built that the focus but the focus does drive alot better.
You are having a laugh right? A golf MK4/ Focus for under £1k, absolutely no chance at all. Find me one and i will buy it now, i could sell it for 2.5x that tommorow trade.
I ve just had a look on autotrader and there are some right shitters in both cases for around £1400 with over 110k on the clock, both boggo 1.4 models, rather get the bus I think.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ive owned both alex and tbh the focus is the better car for this price range for general running costs alone.ill admit though there will be very few golfs(seen one for 1400 quid)but there are a good few 1.6 focus's forunder 1k and just over

Ive owned both alex and tbh the focus is the better car for this price range for general running costs alone.ill admit though there will be very few golfs(seen one for 1400 quid)but there are a good few 1.6 focus's forunder 1k and just over

Yeah i would take the focus as well because I enjoy driving the mpg is better the 1.6 zetec engine is arguably a better unit and the parts are obviously cheaper. You may pickup an early one one with 80kish for say £1200, but i would expect that to be negotiated from around the £1400 mark.

MK2 PH2 & E46 330

Yeah i would take the focus as well because I enjoy driving the mpg is better the 1.6 zetec engine is arguably a better unit and the parts are obviously cheaper. You may pickup an early one one with 80kish for say £1200, but i would expect that to be negotiated from around the £1400 mark.

going to look at one with 110k, modified (not chavtasticly though) for 1500 on friday.

Clio 172 PH2
I used to have a focus 1.8lx, cheap running costs but the handling was shocking. I suspect the zetec's handling is better though! The golf is a way nicer car to be in also.