ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fog light broken...help!

Clio II phase B Dynamique
Yesterday a f**k**g bird broke my right front fog light ... it was broken only the glass, the rest works out ... how do I change it? I have to change the whole piece, or can search only the glass as a replacement?

help me please...pics of a guide to disassemble it are welcome (i'm not a member so i can't see the CS guide topic!)

;)

Da

Less
You need to change the full unit.
The easiest way of accessing it is from underneath, personally I'd jack the car up and get it on axle stands.

Clio 182FF
Yep, you need to change the whole unit. Currently doing the same thing - Renault wanted £130 for a new fog unit!!!! Just got one off ebay for £30. Having said that any breakers should have them.

Yep, you need to change the whole unit. Currently doing the same thing - Renault wanted £130 for a new fog unit!!!! Just got one off ebay for £30. Having said that any breakers should have them.

ok..i've seen on ebay...thanks for reply to all...

there is a photo guide to change this part?

Da

Less
There isn't a guide that I know of but basically jack the car up to get the front end higher. Get down and look under the front of the bumper, you will have to remove various splash guards to gain access to the rear of the fog light.
Once this is done there are 3 (I think) retaining screws holding the fog light to its bracket, remove these and the unit will separate from the bracket. Unplug the wiring and fit new unit :)

Put it all back together - job done. Should take 10 mins if you're good, 20 mins for a novice :)

There isn't a guide that I know of but basically jack the car up to get the front end higher. Get down and look under the front of the bumper, you will have to remove various splash guards to gain access to the rear of the fog light.
Once this is done there are 3 (I think) retaining screws holding the fog light to its bracket, remove these and the unit will separate from the bracket. Unplug the wiring and fit new unit :)

Put it all back together - job done. Should take 10 mins if you're good, 20 mins for a novice :)

ah ok...thanks...

;)

rb clio 182
Hi guys,
My foglight broke too!

Just wondering if anyone knows if the replacement unit's the same as on a regular clio, or special for the 172/182?

Cheers

Clio 182FF
I am pretty certain that the MK2 phase 2 fog lights are the same over the range. Please chip in if I am wrong?

yup same across the range.

Get them on ebay for £20-30 all intact.

Easiest way to change them is from under the car, peel back the tray under the corner you need to change and have a fiddle, 15min job max.