ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fog light,reverse light problem

CLIO
hi guys, been a while i know...

anyway when i brake my fog light symbol lights up on the dash and also when reversing and indicating, when i reverse and brake my left indicator symbol lights up....could this be an earth issue as its just affecting the drivers side rear light

cheers james

PH1 172
Not sure where the earth point is for the rear lights but if you disconnect the wire block from the lights and give it a clean that may save you time trying to find the earth point. Most likely corrosion on the connectors mate.

Clio 182
I have the same issue when i brake, gonna take the lights out and clean the connectors..... let me know if this solves the problem if you do it anytime soon

CLIO
I have the same issue when i brake, gonna take the lights out and clean the connectors..... let me know if this solves the problem if you do it anytime soon

il have alook at the weekend and let you know if it works

cheers james

1.2 16v clio sport
I also have the same problem, when i brake the rear fog light on the dash comes on and when i indercate it flashes :(

CLIO
hi all, seemed to have fixed the problem, take your rear light out, diconnect the plug and give it a good clean also clean your bulb connections and take the earth wire off and clean that... clean the screw that fasrtens up the rear light too as this seems to act as an earth also..... your main earth for the light is abit lower down than the cluster,just follow the dark grey wire that goes off from loom that fits into the light

cheers james