ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

foglight fitting - tried and failed!

FF 182 Sport
well i had 2 fogs given to me and a loom, all genuine clio, looked under my bumper and found the connection from the original loom in to the fog loom, however the fogs dont fit!!!

i have a 1.2 and just have the foglight with 2 bolt holes 1 either side, but it seems there is no where to fit the bolts to!!!

do i need an adaptor or something?

also will they light off the original loom or do i need a different stalk?

Da

Less
What phase is your Clio?

Brackets are needed yes, fog fits to bracket which in turn fits to bumper.

You will need a new stalk too.

FF 182 Sport
hmmm - its a mk2 ph2 - where oh where do i get these said adptors?

and its a non sport 1.2 (very basic - it hasnt even got fogs lol)

BMW 320ci
Renault is best bet mate, they charge about £17 a pair (did when I bought mine), you may have a problem if you've got a basic model as you'll find you don't have a fuse in the fuse box or a space for the fuse in the box either.

Da

Less
It's harder than it looks - believe me.

I bought the complete kit from Renault in the end and it cost me about £150 :eek:

Comes with the loom, brackets, stalk, relay etc etc.

BMW 320ci
You could just fit them for looks and not bother with the wiring, seen as there only used about once a year.

Was £4 for a pair of the brackets when I bought mine a few years back. IIRC if you've got an Expression model you might find the stuff thats needed is already fitted.

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
Wire them up to your rear foglight, so they come on together.
For the 4 days a year we have fog there isn't much point forking out all that money.
Either that, or run a cheeky wire to the headlight adjuster blank bit with a switch.

Jap Box
Wire fogs up on a relay switch, think someone did a guide on hre once? , also fitting with mine was a pain in the ass too.

Heres what I did:

Got a set of nuts and bolts from halfords, thinish ones. Silver in colour they are, then pushed bult through fog hole and bumper hole, reached down behind the fog through the engine bay etc and secured the nut to it. The brackets I got worked but they were too big meaning the fog would no longer fit in the hole.

Only prolem with the nuts and bolts is that its a pain in the ass to take them off now as its hard to get behind the fogs, was easier on the drivers side as all the platic underside was missing so I could get my hand up there easily. Even if you only manage one bolt on each light they will be secure enough :)