ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Foglight for MOT

my mot is on monday and today i bought a new bulb for my drivers side foglight. it smashed and so did the bulb about 3-4 months ago, now ive put the new bulb in it doesnt work, the passenger side lights up but not the drivers side.

does anyone know of any posssible reasons?

also, if it will cost a lot to fix is it worth jst taking the fogs out - whats the rules/regs when removing foglights? cheers

you dont have to have front fogs for the mot, only the rears. wouldnt worry too much. if there is some rule about if one works, the other must i'd take the bulb out the other side. no big deal.

all the wiring ok on the back of the unit? check the connections etc

take them both out then, its not a requirement for an mot to have working front fogs. think about all the cars that dont have them.

if you have them though the drivers side needs to be working apparently. is there anyway i can check the connector that the bulb plugs into

53 Clio's & counting
they do NOT need to work if you have them, this is a myth mate

I work for a main dealer and help with our MOt's, in fact my old 3 series passed, with both front fogs in, but not wired in!

Seriously, if he fails it then complain to VOSA, or simply take it somewhere else

the only thing he can fail it on is if it was smashed and there was jagged glass as this could cause harm, and they have the right to fail it

corsa ecoflex
they do NOT need to work if you have them, this is a myth mate

I work for a main dealer and help with our MOt's, in fact my old 3 series passed, with both front fogs in, but not wired in!

Seriously, if he fails it then complain to VOSA, or simply take it somewhere else

the only thing he can fail it on is if it was smashed and there was jagged glass as this could cause harm, and they have the right to fail it

I can vouch for russ on this one....im a trainee mot tester and front fog lights are not part of the mot test

ok ill mention this to him - maybe he knows he can make a few bob out of me. its not till monday so i can cancel it and phone around and ask another garage weather they consider it to be part of an MOT, and take it there instead

Honda & VW
Front fogs CANNOT be required for an MOT as many cars don't come with front fog lights, that would mean manufacturers are making unroadworthy vehicles?

i think not.