ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Foglight has been smashed

Clio 182
Went out to my car this morning to see that some c*nt has laid the boot in and smashed my drivers side foglight! :mad:

How easy is it to replace, is it bumper off or can it be done by taking the wheel off? And where would be the best place for a decent replacement?

DCi 100
It's a bumper off job, and it's so simple. You've got the carbon cannister on the drivers side behind it and the horn on the pass side.

Acouple of torx screws hold either side in, unclip the loom and there out.

Post up in the wanted section and see if anyone has some going spare.

Clio 172
I did mine without taking the front bumper off..

It was a b**ch and a bit of guess work with a torx driver. I took the wheel off and then pulled off the underguard and then I could see the lamp and all I had to do was move my hand into akward places and do it with feel.

Took about 10 minutes.

Golf GTD Mk7
can be done without removing, but easier with bumper off. It's not hard to remove the bumper either to be honest

DCi 100
I only managed to get one out with the bumper still on, and it took 15 mins on laying on the floor with the hand up twisted whichever way.

Afew bolts to get the bumper off, 3 seconds a screw with the gun and sorted. :)

Clio 182
cheers for the replies guys. Think ill just whip the bumper off then. Will a foglight from any mk2 clio fit?

421 Cammed 172
I've got the glass for the drivers side. Much cheaper than replacing an entire light. Just needs some black/clear sealant and it's done.

Clio 182
I've got the glass for the drivers side. Much cheaper than replacing an entire light. Just needs some black/clear sealant and it's done.

I would do mate, but it looks like they did a good job and the plastic casing is cracked aswell so would rather just get a whole unit in there.

RS Clio 182

Mines all cracked, looks like its been hit by a stone. Not failed yet but i'm guessing it will soon + it looks rubbish. How easy is it to get hold / replace just the glass matey?