ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Folding Wing Mirror Wiing

Renault Clio
Just bought a 2014 Clio Dynamique Medianav TCE 90 and want to fit electric folding mirrors.
Please can someone tell me if the existing wiring loom is a generic one and I will be able to “plug and play” retrofit new mirrors?

The lanes I drive on are really narrow and it would be nice to be able to fold the mirrors in when I meet cars coming the other way.

Thanks in advance.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Just bought a 2014 Clio Dynamique Medianav TCE 90 and want to fit electric folding mirrors.
Please can someone tell me if the existing wiring loom is a generic one and I will be able to “plug and play” retrofit new mirrors?

The lanes I drive on are really narrow and it would be nice to be able to fold the mirrors in when I meet cars coming the other way.

Thanks in advance.
I don't know the definite answer, BUT what I would try if I was you, is buy a Dynamique S wing mirror, any side, and the switch with the folding function at 6 o'clock, swap the mirror and switch over and see if it works, I would be FAIRLY sure the loom will be the same, it MAY need coded in with CLIP though! I have thought about trying it before though and that's the route I would take

Renault Clio
Morning Martin, thanks for the advice I’ve ordered 2 mirrors so will try your suggestion and see what happens and let you know. The current mirrors are both heated and electrically adjusted so the cars canbus will already be seeing an electrical circuit, so hopefully the addition of the feed for the folding element of the mirror won’t make any difference.

I’ll let you know 👍