ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Following Edde's Clio at Oulton

Thanks for posting it up here was in two minds about doing it.
When its back on some decinet tyres I'll be interested to see the differences.

lucky said:
What engine's in the golf, seemed pretty quick.
it's got a 2 litre block from an old fire damaged Corrado, flowed head with an inlet cam that's been made by cutting the end off an exhaust cam Still runs the antiquated K-Jet mechanical fuel injection, stock cast manifold and downpipe

(copied from a post by GVK on Williamsclio)
The WIlliams does have a few modifications but I don't use the full power band I kept chnaging up at about 6.6k rarther than the 7.25k the engine can now rev to as I'm worried about blowing the bottom end.

ITB'd GDI Original?
Thought it must have been fettled with or engine swap jobby to keep up with a williams.

No more clio's for me!
Nice vid...that first corner at Oulton park is a nasty one isn't it, very sharp coming in off the straight at speed, car just want to chuck you left. Seen some nasty accidents there.

cool video.

edde you look like your not holding back at all.

I imagine a twisty track like oulten park suits a clio.

MarkM said:
cool video.

edde you look like your not holding back at all.

I imagine a twisty track like oulten park suits a clio.
Yep superb track for a Clio realy.
The back double right hander is great fun catching Caterhams as they have to go slow/ run out of guts.
Nope no holding back need better tyres managed to go from brand new to barly legal in the afternoon incluing 1.5 tanks of fuel.

dannyboy172 said:
Nice vid...that first corner at Oulton park is a nasty one isn't it, very sharp coming in off the straight at speed, car just want to chuck you left. Seen some nasty accidents there.
You mean the left hander at the bottom of the hill? I understeared there a few times most noticably following a Porche overtaking another car.

i love oulton... used to watch superbikes there all the time, an it was the first track i have ever been on (in a evo makkinen which was nice :)), the corner at the very right hand corner of the track forgotten the name is awesome for getting it tail happy! just downloading the video now..