ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fooling the renault immobiliser

any one know how to do this as a friend has just got a 172 and installed the clifford engine start thing but the chip in the key needs to be right in the ignightion barrall for it to start,

Also any know the price to get the key reprogrammed??

Thanks

Star_Slayer

Intellistart option negates your Thatcham rating altogether! For the purposes of your insurance company, your car now has no security devices fitted. You have to inform them that youve fitted Intellistart or if your cars pinched you wont get a penny back!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

cant you point and shout "look at that" then start the car quick?

Ok lets sort this all out,

1) to fool the Renault immobiliser you simply superglue or tape your spare key inside the steering column - job done.

2) If you fit remote start to a cat 1 alarm it removes the cat 1 rating.

HOWEVER a few points,

a) From the above it sounds like you are installing it yourself so whether the alarm is category 1 or not you wont get CAT 1 rating as it has to be professionally installed to achieve this.

b) If you get the alarm professionally fitted at the same time as the remote start most places will give you two separate invoices. One for the alarm (giving you your nice cat 1 insurance approved certificate) and a second for the remote start!!

Next point - Dont tell the insurance company - All clifford wires are black - if trained thieves cannot identify the wires then I am DAMN sure your average insurance assessor (how do you spell that!!) cant tell if you have remote start fitted.

Final point - get it fitted - and revel in the ultimate coolness at starting it just as people walk past!!!!

(get the remote headlight module too, cos we got auto headlights on the clios already they wire it to the fog lights and it looks wicked!!!)

One last thing - if there are any spiteful g*ts on here from wherever thinking huhuh we can get him stitched up by shopping me in for deception of insurance company.....you cant cos my clio is so low power they couldnt care less if I have a tracking system with motion sensitive AK47 attachment fitted on the roof let alone a little cat 1 alarm!!!

Ok thats me done hope it helps, pm me if you want more info