ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

foooookd rear discs

Iceberge cup,mito tb
to cut a short story shorter, back right rear disk has to massive craks basically in a straight line the diameter of the disc, is it safe to drive for short journeys? and wheres the best place to pick up some new pads and discs? price? for a 172 cup

Clio Cup,Leon 1.8T,Eunos
Are the ones listed on GSF for about £22.50 not suitable?

I'd be interested in this - mine are over corroded for my liking.

Iceberge cup,mito tb
think ill have at look at the £22.50 ones, as there the rears they dont do much, i seem to go through a set a year, think it because i hardly use my car

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thing is with those £22.50 ones, you then have to buy the bearings, then get them pressed into the discs

Mondeo TDCI 130
Should be able to get discs and bearings for about £40 a side i reckon non gen! No ABS rings.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Should be able to get discs and bearings for about £40 a side i reckon non gen! No ABS rings.

Is it worth the hassle, genuine are £96 aint they? With the bearings already pressed in.

Clio Cup,Leon 1.8T,Eunos
Thing is with those £22.50 ones, you then have to buy the bearings, then get them pressed into the discs

Gotcha. Kinda hoped that wouldn't be the case, and they'd have cartridge bearings!

I'd get the OE ones then, saves pressing in bearings, or beating them in with a socket & hammer! :)

Kwikfit quoted me £60 to replace rear discs and pads on my 182. This comes with a lifetime guarantee on pads. What that means is if the pads need replacing while I still own the car they'll replace them.

Clio 172 cup
^^ What? Surely that would be the cost of the labour on it's own, never mind the parts. If that's the case then I'll consider gettting mine done.

Discs and pads from Renault total £150 (ish). And I was quoted £60 to fit them.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Kwikfit quoted me £60 to replace rear discs and pads on my 182. This comes with a lifetime guarantee on pads. What that means is if the pads need replacing while I still own the car they'll replace them.

Do quick fit actually know what a clio 182 is?

Do quick fit actually know what a clio 182 is?

I was insured with them so had a free MOT. I was very warey about them as they have history of finding things that need fixing. My car passed MOT with no problems first time. The guy said to me that the back discs were pretty worn and to keep an eye on them. I asked him for a price to replace and he said £60 for both discs and pads and that would include a lifetime guarantee.