ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Football Manager 2012

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Probably a better place to talk about the game than the Football is Awesome thread ;)

I'm managing United, currently on a 20 game unbeaten streak in the PL :)

LY 182
Love the series and will buy soon. Friend's really enjoying it.

What have you done with United in terms of squad, tactics etc? Will be the first team I try out the game with :)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Love the series and will buy soon. Friend's really enjoying it.

What have you done with United in terms of squad, tactics etc? Will be the first team I try out the game with :)

The only player I've brought in is Kyle Walker, and only because I bought him out of spite (17 mil, when I already have Rafael and Smalling at RB)

In terms of tactics, it's pretty basic (and working very well)

Standard team is

Rooney Hernandez
Young Nani on the wings
Ando Fletcher in CM
Evra Vidic Ferdinand Rafael

It's near enough set up like real life United. Rooney playing as a deep lying forward, Hernandez as a poacher, Nani and Young always attacking, the 2 full backs playing as wing backs (and supporting the wingers). Ando set as a deep lying playmaker, and Fletcher as a ball winning midfielder. Ferdinand and Vidic set to defend

I love Lamp
Wooooop :D:D

I'm Newcastle and because I cba with Mike Ashley being a tight c**t I cheat and gave myself a sugar daddy lol ;)

Average start to the season for me really (forgot my record) sitting mid table.. My team is

Krul
Simmo - Collocini - Subotic - Santon
Saivet - Cabaye(when fit -_-) - Tiote - Gutierrez
Ben Arfa
Ba

Bought Rondon as another striker and well he got injured in his first friendly, got fit and then went international duty and got injured again then made 2 sub appearance went on international duty and got injured again...

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I just (I say just, I'm at work, so this was last night) lost Fletcher for 6 months for a broken leg, and Berbatov is lost for 3-4 months because of tearing something or other

Thankfully I have an awesome squad, so I won't notice the difference

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Is this actually worth me getting off my fat arse, popping to Tesco/Game and buying it when I already have FM 2011? Is it that much of an upgrade?

LY 182
The review I read said it's similar to 11 but the changes / refinements they have made make it much more enjoyable and addictive.

I'm grabbing a copy at lunch!

I haven't played in a long long time. But being Utd? You really are a gay, Terrance.

I was in my 14th season as Leyton Orient. Won the league/cup, in the CL. But I formatted my PC and forgot about my save file. Absolutely devastated.

Football Manager is like crack - for the past few years I've been just using the iPhone app. Now though, I'm back.

Been addicted since I bought it, am Oldham and am currently on a 10 match unbeaten run.

I was in my 14th season as Leyton Orient. Won the league/cup, in the CL. But I formatted my PC and forgot about my save file. Absolutely devastated.

I had a save on the iPhone going up to 2055, but lost it when I upgraded to iOS5. I was delighted that day.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't played in a long long time. But being Utd? You really are a gay, Terrance.

First save is always with United. Do a season or two, then switch to a making a journeyman save.

MY10 R35 GTR
this is the first time Ive no got it on release day. Dunno whats up. Demo didnt do much for me.

DCi
First save is always with United. Do a season or two, then switch to a making a journeyman save.
That's what I do but with Liverpool.

I finished 2nd in my first season with Liverpool about 12 points off United :)() and 10 points ahead of City which seems like massive gaps... Chelsea dropped out of the CL spots and AVB got sacked the day after they couldnt qualify (lolol)

My challenge now is as I have signed Tevez for 22mil I'm going to give him a season to try and increase his value as much as poss then shift him on to someone like Madrid, Malaga, Eto'o's team or back to City for as much profit as I can possibly manage before he refuses to play for me

LY 182

This is what I do. I think it's acceptable if you're a United fan you always want to be your own club.

I was late to the party on FM11 but had a great save with United. I completed either 4 or 5 seasons with them. Getting some quality midfielders in and winning the league a few times and also winning the champs league once IIRC. Then I got offered the Bayern job so went over there. They had fallen from grace but I immediately restored them to the dominant team.

Ah happy days. Couldn't find any copies in store yesterday and it's £30 to download from Steam which I didn't wanna pay as you can get it for £25 in places lol. So ordering from Amazon today at £25 with free delivery roll on tomorrow!!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
This is what I do. I think it's acceptable if you're a United fan you always want to be your own club.

I was late to the party on FM11 but had a great save with United. I completed either 4 or 5 seasons with them. Getting some quality midfielders in and winning the league a few times and also winning the champs league once IIRC. Then I got offered the Bayern job so went over there. They had fallen from grace but I immediately restored them to the dominant team.

Ah happy days. Couldn't find any copies in store yesterday and it's £30 to download from Steam which I didn't wanna pay as you can get it for £25 in places lol. So ordering from Amazon today at £25 with free delivery roll on tomorrow!!

The link I posted has it for £23.99, and they give you a key to put into Steam.. worked fine for me :)

I love Lamp
I just had a mass clear out of coaches on my team.. Mainly the fitness ones as the amount of goals I have conceded in the 80th minute onwards was getting annoying and it was clearly their fault and not my managerial talents :)..

Now I have atleast 3.5 stars on all training so quite happy :).. Signed a few decent youngsters too and changed for 4-2-3-1 (after city walked through my team using it) and it seems to have upped our game a bit

Red
I don't think I can commit to this years one. I've got Barnet in the championship on my phone and I don't think I can leave them. we've got a really good set up there now

Lol

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I always struggled after cm2. Never sure on tactics etc it always seemed complicated. Any tips?

LY 182
Yeah just mirror real life seems to be a good straight forward approach.

With FM11 and United I just had a standard 4-4-2. Rooney as a playmaker behind Hernandez who is set as a poacher and scores for fun. Wingers attack, etc, etc.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I wish I knew more (read - anything) about football as I'd be on this, no messing.

The only footy manager game I put a lot of time into was the original Football Manager by Kevin Toms/Thomas (?) - back on the 'ol BBC Micro at school. I was a bit pissed at the time how the computer science teacher wouldn't allow us to save games to the network drive. It was massive storage back then - came with 20MB of capacity. :)

D.

LY 182
Championship Manager 01/02 was by far (I mean like by a huuuuge gap) the game I spent most time on before getting in to games like CoD with a captivating multiplayer aspect.

I'd probably still class it as the most fun and addictive game I've ever owned on any console!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
CM3 was amazing, I remember being totally hooked!

Currently started a save with Man Utd, just to get into the depths of the game. Then I'll go abroad and start with a random lower league team and try and bring them to the top :)

DCi
If you see the weather as snow then get as many long shooters on the pitch as you can.

I just tore Bolton apart 5-1 with 4 of them being 30 yarders

It puzzles me how in this day and age there's no way to save your FM12 save on your computer. Then load it and carry on, on the iPhone app. Then load it again on your computer when you're back in front of it. Save it to the cloud, load it from the cloud.

I would actually love if that ever happened. Ideally in the next 24 hours.

LY 182
Well I got the game yesterday and I'm hooked! Started with Man United as I support them so natural choice for me really.

Had a cracking pre season winning all my games. Then I really did not get off on the right foot with the fans, losing 2-1 to City in the Community Shield and again 2-1 in my opening league fixture at Old Trafford. Both times they seemed to have a lot of posession and chances and I think I'll be cramming the midfield out next time I come up against them!

Next was Arsenal away which wasn't ideal either, especially when conceding after 3 mins and then a few mins in to the second half. However I managed to claw it back and escape with a 2-2 draw. Next up was QPR at home who I thumped 5-0 and then Norwich away who I beat 4-0. So 7 out of 12 points not fantastic but it will do.

Signings purely focused on youth. Signed Lucas Digne from Lille (promising looking 18 year old left back) in a deal worth about £2.2m. Signed a player called Verratti from Pescara who's a midfielder (also 18) who was dubbed the new Pirlo! Gave him his league debut starting against Norwich and he scored a 30 yard screamer! Also signed Sanogo from Auxerre (18 again, striker) who was decent on FM11 and hopefully will come good in a few yeard and add depth when Owen / Berbs are gone.

Hooked? Oh yes big time! :eek:

It puzzles me how in this day and age there's no way to save your FM12 save on your computer. Then load it and carry on, on the iPhone app. Then load it again on your computer when you're back in front of it. Save it to the cloud, load it from the cloud.

I would actually love if that ever happened. Ideally in the next 24 hours.

Because we're not talking about some pictures or some contacts that are light enough to be managed on a Mac or an iPhone. We're talking about a huge game that without being heavily slimmed down just would not be playable on a phone.

Because we're not talking about some pictures or some contacts that are light enough to be managed on a Mac or an iPhone. We're talking about a huge game that without being heavily slimmed down just would not be playable on a phone.

Yes, I appreciate what you're saying - with a big database one save could be massive including everything related to it. However, whats to say you can't have exactly the same database on the existing iPhone version of the game, and just be able to access your save on save on it? as in just the actual save, so a potentially tiny file.

I can dream.

blah.

I love Lamp
Yes, I appreciate what you're saying - with a big database one save could be massive including everything related to it. However, whats to say you can't have exactly the same database on the existing iPhone version of the game, and just be able to access your save on save on it? as in just the actual save, so a potentially tiny file.

I can dream.

blah.

LOL you on crack bruv? Think about the processing needed -_-

I had the best defence in the league (Derby) and one of the best attacks. This was about November. Steam installed the patch - haven't won since!! Now in March, ain't playing the game now it pissed me off.