ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Football Manager 2012

I love Lamp
Just signed AY7 to toon for 7.75mill in January second season :/ umm not really sure what to say about it? Lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
For those interested, real fixtures for English league teams :

http://www.box.net/shared/co7sztk7o0gyxyx38ydc

1. Place the downloaded file into the following folder:
Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\editor data
2. Start a new game and when the Database Selection box come up ensure that you tick the box next to Changes.
3. Once the database has loaded make sure that the downloaded file is checked to ensure the fixtures are loaded.
4. Start your game with the option Use Real Fixtures When Available.

No changes have been made to the competitions other than the fixtures being added.

There is one known issue where Tottenham's match against Everton that was postponed due to the riots has not been rearranged. The original fixture has been left in this release.
I hope you enjoy this release. As it has been released so early to the game's release there may be some bugs but due to the nature of the changes this isn't likely.

I love Lamp
Just had Adam Johnson offered to me for 4.3mill too so signed him :/ decent January xD

Need to sort my defence though, like a sieve :(

I love Lamp
Those 2 signings have made my team so much better :) Don't have to rely on my youngsters now as much but we are a much more balanced side and up to 7th after 4 wins in a row :).

My team now is
Krul
Santon - Subotic - Collocini - M'Bengue
Young - Guillano - Tiote - A.Johnson
Rondon - Vela

with a load of young midfielders as back ups who have bedded in now after nearly a year (my U18s are untouchable 50 goals in 14 games mostly by 2 stupidly high potential players - 11 wins 3 draws)

Cabaye and Ba just back from 4 months out too :)

LY 182
Nice. I'm gonna try squeeze a couple hours in later as last night was taken over by MW3 lol.

I've been scanning some FM specific forums (The Dug Out in particular) to try and find a decent right back but no joy. The only option of getting quality in means paying way over the odds so I'm just gonna try and wing it with Vrsaljko and Smalling. (Fabio could play RB if required too). If I struggle in that area I'll just have to get recruiting in January.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Right, so if you aren't already registered here, I'd thoroughly recommend doing so :

http://www.fmformation.net/forum.php

I think I'm almost ready to go now. I've got my Face Megapack 4, Logo pack, the latest 2D and 3D kits, real fixtures, training schedules, custom "huge" database and a few other add-ons as well.

All set to start.

LY 182
Tottenham :cool: I had a great few seasons with Workington Reds on FM2011, mind. Oh, and Santos.

But yeah, Spurs for now.

Spurs should be fun. Decent squad. Not sure how much money they have but with that squad and some of the decent youngsters on the game you should be looking to challenge for the title I reckon.

Jesus. Check out this guys formation and results sheet :

http://www.fmformation.net/football-manager-2012-tactics/64410-albertos-4-4-2-attacking-wingers.html

:S

Shame I don't use a 4-4-2, looks quite effective. I guess it defeats the purpose of being in control if you use other created formations, but that is impressive all the same.

This is the formation I was using but guessing there's different settings for fluid, passing, etc. Solid results but not all conquering. Done well to draw away at City though with that tactic. I've had significantly better results with just 1 up top and a defensive midfielder against City otherwise I find the boss the game in midfield.

My main tactic is similar to that but now 1 CM and 1 AMC. Will post em later.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I'm on there, too. But I just lurk. Dugout, FMFormation, FMScout and SIGames.

LY 182
I'm itching to resume my United game when I get home. I think I need to devise a set period of time to allocate between this and MW3 lol. Nightmare!

LY 182
Right I'm f**king tired but I've had a bloody good session tonight with this and MW3. In to my 3rd season now with United and doing well. I noticed for sone bizarre reason Wilshere was listed for loan and ended up buying him for £33 mil! Don't really need him but thought it would be good to get an English player in and he's been good so far.

Mentioned I'd post up my formation. Here's my main formation that I use for most games especially ones where I should be winning.

FYBpc.jpg

Then for the tougher away games or where I think in some cases the opposition is gonna try and boss the midfield I go for the more defensive option which has proved to be very good in big clashes.

4IIR1.jpg

This 3rd season is going really well so far. Ozil has come good after taking awhile to find his feet. The advanced role and setting him to playmaker seems to have done the trick. Hernandez set as a poacher is just simply prolific. He throws in the odd shocker game but is normally lethal. Always over a goal per game average. My recent 3-1 win other Ahtletic Bilbao was pleasing as he scored all 3 and Ozil set up all 3. Phil Jones has now blossomed and is a beast. (Vidic currently injured which explains his absence in those images).

Here's a quick glance at my season so far.

2VSPX.jpg

Hoping this will be third time lucky to take the league. But I'm only 1 point ahead of Chelsea and 2 ahead of City at this stage so it's not gonna be straight forward. Got Newcastle at home next in the League Cup then Chelsea away which will be a strong test as they're flying too. But for now, bed time!

Choosing a large(ish) database for my game was an utterly moronic thing to do on my 3 year old macbook air.

Takes three weeks to even start the sodding game up.

F**k sake.

I love Lamp
LOL same I just close mine so it sleeps and doesn't have to start it up again xD.. Laptop completely for FM lol

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I just spent 23 million on Rodwell :/

Spurs want 60 mil for Bale, but I've round out of cash :p

Trying to create a GB team for United, slowly slowly catchy monkey

Pants, is Jones labelled as a Wonderkid for you? He is for me, he's awesome :D

LY 182
Pants, is Jones labelled as a Wonderkid for you? He is for me, he's awesome :D

I'll have to check when I get home bud. In my 1st season he made a fair amount of mistakes and I was thinking oh noez Phil (because he's been decent in real life). But he was good last season and so far this season an absolute beast. Ozil is flying, Kagawa, Valencia and AY are smashing it down the wings, I'm loving it at the moment.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I still play Giggs quite often

27 games the first season, mostly from a central role. Won the PFA player of the year I think, most assists in the PL too. Not bad for 38

Turns out Oldham have some kind of link with Man City- they seem to loan me anyone so long as they're willing to join. For nothing too.
Currently got; Alex Nimely, Júnior (who looks a bit special) & Stefan Savic - tried to snatch the constantly moaning Tevez but he was having none of it. Bastad. Oh, and I'm still in league one.

LY 182
Lol Evans is pretty solid for me actually. The other thing that annoys me is the silly amount of one on one's that my players also persist on missing.

Season is still going well. Finally lost a game which was a rather strange 3-0 defeat away to Athletic Bilbao. Did have a bit of a dip in form but have come through unscathed otherwise. Held out for a 2-2 draw away to Chelsea and a couple other wins in the league have kept me top but City are level with me (I'm winning on goal difference lol). I've got a few games that I should hopefully be winning in the league before a crunch fixture away to Citeh. The pleasing thing is I've had Liverpool, Chelsea and soon City away so I'll have the return fixtures in the 2nd half of the season that could be crucial.

DCi
My next game is united... if I beat them I'll have a 13 point lead with 8 games left to play. I think I'll retain the title this year :D

I'll do a screenshot of my results later as I think I lost the community shield on Penos then won every game up to Jan haha.

LY 182
This game is bullshit sometimes, really really bullshit. I'm top of the league, unbeaten in 15. Just played City away, using the same tactic that I beat them 3-2 in Charity Shield.

Lost 2-0. They had 39 shots to my 4. I mean really. I've got a world class team that's set up to be defensive and I have zero of the game.

LY 182
Christ it gets better...

Just drew 1-1 with Villa away. Kagawa scored a ridiculous own goal but we managed to level up. 90th minute Kagawa misses a wide open goal and it flashes up saying 'he's playing nervously'. f**k off it's an open goal.

MY10 R35 GTR
would love to say I'm enjoying this but I'm not.

Using a brand new MX14 Alienware Laptop (Win 7) and downloaded this for when I'm offshore and its junk. if you have music playing in the background it will freeze for a couple of second and flick to the desktop screen when you click start to go from the match preperatio screen to the match. Aswell as that it will sometimes freeze completely to the point you need to pull the battery out of the laptop to restart it.

Havent had any problems with any other games

Woke up this morning, checked the FA cup games being played and noticed that Dean Furman will be playing his first game since leaving Oldham for Leicester, felt gutted until I realised I was thinking of FM.

Then, I later noticed my taxdisc, noticed the expiry date (may '12) - and s**t myself as we're now in June 2012. In FM.

I got promoted to the championship at the end of that, (still my first season!!) after going on a bit of a rocky run in the middle of the season (although never going lower than 4th place), I got a decent run of games going towards the end of the season, and my lads were playing superbly together.

totw1.png

totw2.png

totw3.png

Then it came down to the final game of the season, against Preston, who sat just below me in 3rd with one point less. So a draw, and I was up. That said, I didn't change my tactics at all - if anything I went even more attacking; and it paid off. I was 2-1 up after 12 minutes and ended the half 4-1 up. It was looking good. My young centre back, James Tarkowski played out of his skin and bagged himself two goals, and I was looking home and dry. Only to score one own goal and concede two more in the final eight minutes. It was looking like it was going to be one of them games, as Preston were shooting from anywhere with minutes to go. My luck held out, and I made it. Thank god. I nearly had a heart attack.
finally.png

phew!

Then I noticed this; I can't figure it out at all. It's still only 2012.
radcity.png

They also seemed to have ended the link between themselves and me too. Which is an utter pain in the s**tty arse.

Oh, and in other news - because my finances are still so horrific, I haven't been able to offer contracts to about six players (none of whom will be missed to be honest, but I could have got a fair whack for them), and a load of my back room staff; including my assistant, physio, coaches - so they've all now left and I am decidedly thin on't ground.

Oh well..