ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Football Manager 2012

LY 182
Rofl! Yeah I had a weird game against Fulham. I beat them 7-3 at their place, get to the home fixture and go 1 up just before HT. However they pull it back 1-1 a minute later, f**k sake. Then Heitinga the clown gives away a pen, 1-2, and they score another out of nowhere 1-3 jeeez. Do some changes, get one back, then 92nd min Rodwell bangs in 3-3! But I'm actually thinking dickheads we should of won that easily.

I do love a late winner though, I genuinely find myself cheering and fist pumping! :eek:

Rofl! Yeah I had a weird game against Fulham. I beat them 7-3 at their place, get to the home fixture and go 1 up just before HT. However they pull it back 1-1 a minute later, f**k sake. Then Heitinga the clown gives away a pen, 1-2, and they score another out of nowhere 1-3 jeeez. Do some changes, get one back, then 92nd min Rodwell bangs in 3-3! But I'm actually thinking dickheads we should of won that easily.

I do love a late winner though, I genuinely find myself cheering and fist pumping! :eek:

PMSL! I do the same :eek:

I love Lamp
Inconsistency does my head in at some points! I beat United 3-0 after 4 wins on the bounce then lose 5-0 away to West Ham(yes West Ham!!) then beat City 3-1.. Benzema is tucking the goals away for fun though must get buy of the season for 3.1mill :D

Update on my now 15 year old wonderkid xD I gave him a run out v Wolves for lols and league youngest player records and he did ok but he's currently scored 6 in 7 U18 games with avg rating of 7.44 playing right wing most the time when he's natural striker xD.. It's so annoying that he is about 3/4 years off getting close my first team lol :(

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I signed a regen called Hugo Boer, 17 I think

Will get his stats up later.. I had a look at his PA in FM Genie thing (I only look every now and then at the regens) and I think it's something like 196

Will end up nearly as good as Messi (with any luck)

Currently he'd probably start for a Championship side

LY 182
I signed a regen called Hugo Boer, 17 I think

Will get his stats up later.. I had a look at his PA in FM Genie thing (I only look every now and then at the regens) and I think it's something like 196

Will end up nearly as good as Messi (with any luck)

Currently he'd probably start for a Championship side

Didn't realise they had such a thing for PA. Used to have this little app called CM Scout I think it was, for CM 01/02 and used to be cracking for finding the gems. I guess slightly cheating, but it's not a crime is it lol.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Got a couple of saves going, really enjoying the game.

Although for the last two years, the decent regens always seem to come from France for me!

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
love this game, got it the other week, couldnt afford a copy so i used my mates bank details on steam, hoping he doesnt find out otherwise im in for a shock. currently got salisbury into league 1 from blue square south. hard as hell to keep them there though, i had some 15 year old from portugal and his PA was 199, got 24 goals in blue square prem in his first season

Does anybody know if its possible to assign or promote a Coach to Assistant Manager? or are they just for separate people?

I'm sure you used to be able to do it - and could do with it now, seeing as I've got four coaches and no assistant..

LY 182
Does anybody know if its possible to assign or promote a Coach to Assistant Manager? or are they just for separate people?

I'm sure you used to be able to do it - and could do with it now, seeing as I've got four coaches and no assistant..

Pretty sure you would just go to your coach, offer new contract and change role from coach to assistant. Sometimes they just want to stay as a coach though I think.

(Not 100% on that as at work but sounds right enough lol)

I keep getting advice from my backroom to appoint a "Man-Management Expert" and they present me with 2-3 coaches who they think will be good for the role.

The thing is, there isn't a role for Man-Management Expert? Do I just appoint them as a coach and assume they will do it?!

Oh ok cool. I did think that, but I highered someone they suggested, then a week later they said I needed another one!

DCi
I want to build a team of regens from the most obscure nations possible, every now and again you get a minter from somewhere youve never heard of

DCi
when you get to the end of the season and intake a load of youth players that are all randomly generated... they are the regen/newgens... there is no official name for them tbh

Oh, thought that might be what it was :eek:

My youth at Newcastle are absolute pish. Wouldn't even get in a League 2 side tbh.

Stealing from the big clubs ftw.

I love Lamp
Oh, thought that might be what it was :eek:

My youth at Newcastle are absolute pish. Wouldn't even get in a League 2 side tbh.

Stealing from the big clubs ftw.

Lol yeah they always are, I've got the top youth facilities and keep asking to expand our recruitment network and still get shite, kind of why my U18s is full of Spanish/Italian/Portuguese players I've scouted and the glorious Polish kid <3 who is now out for 3-4 months :(.

They used to be regenerated players of someone who has retired and started out at that clubs youth academy hense the name regens, think they are more random now though

LY 182
Yeah certainly on the older versions of the game it was very apparent that certain regens were just the new 'Ronaldo' etc. I remember on 01/02 I had the new Figo and the new Zidane in my team! :eek:

DCi
I had one save where I managed to save the game the day before the Regens came through, so I decided to keep reloading until I got someone with massive potential :D

bit cheating but o well

DCi
I don't reload if I lose that would take miles too long to get anywhere... If I have enough free time I can pretty much do a season in a weekend now :D

I just opened the game up one day and as soon as I pressed continue I got the regens so I was like 'aha cunning plan' :D

I love Lamp
FFS. First Genie Scout now reloading a saved game.

I thought better of you all.

LOL, I've never used the scout thing I just hire the scouts with 19 rating of potential ability and send them off around the world, more fun that way.. You can normally remember the players from the last game that were awesome though before the regens

But I admit to giving myself 15mill transfer cash at toon at start :p but then got taken over in second season so was pointless but now quite a bit better off especially now I'm getting some prize money in ;)

My scouts are crap, I really need to sort them out.

My UK ones are telling me to sign players like William Gallas and Jonathan Woodgate - The average age of my defence is already about 30!

My ALWAYS scout South America, have found some beauties there tbh for pennies. The Dutch league has some good players too for quite small fees.