ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

footwell lights.

Clio 1.2 authentique
Hi guys, looking to install footwell lights in the clio, but dont know what colours are pos and neg as my last car was black and red. Thanks in advance

A mate of mine has white SMD strips mounted in his footwells linked to the interior light so when the doors open they light up. LED's can only be wired one way round and if you do it the wrong way they simply won't work so reverse the polarity.

Clio 1.2 authentique
Yeah someone did say do it through there, but on my last car i did it through my cd player and the worked fine. Only problem is it had red and black for neg and pos, but the clio has not got red or black so unsure

Clio 1.2 authentique
I got it sorted mate, just done it through my cd player again. Forgot how nice a touch they add :smile:

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I've wanted to do this for ages but i haven't managed to work out how to wire it up yet. I want them to come on with the interior lights (so doors and switch) but then i'd like to be able to switch them on alone. But i can't put the switch after the switch in the interior light as if that was off there would be no power to the footwell switch anyway. Any ideas?

Clio 1.2 authentique
Not sure mate i only know how to do it to the cd player. I have heard of people putting it to a switch through the cig lighter