ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For clever people that have an xbox 360...

57 Clio Campus Sport
With monster trade show E3 right around the corner, gamers are bracing themselves for an onslaught of willy waving from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo during their high-profile press conferences.

Microsoft, however, has thrown the first punch, and it's thrown it early.

In a tweet, Xbox product director Aaron Greenberg told the internet-browsing world just how much more successful 360 exclusive sci-fi shooter Halo 3 is than the big hitters on PS3.

"Just in from research team (NPD): Halo 3 has outsold Resistance 1 + 2, Uncharted 1+2, Killzone 2 and God of War III COMBINED....wow", he said.

Greenberg's not wrong, of course. Halo 3 was a phenomenally successful game. First day sales reached $170 million in the US, setting a record for highest gross of an entertainment product within 24 hours of release. On January 3 2008 Microsoft announced that Halo 3 had sold 8.1 million copies.

Still, Greenberg's comments are sure to get PS3 fanboys' knickers in a twist. The 'my willy's bigger than yours etc' has begun. Expect more from E3 next week.

Source

57 Clio Campus Sport
ps3 has the future " blu ray" xbox dont lol.. have it!! lol

Well it's a good job I've got both then...so perhaps you should 'have it'

The last game I got for PS3 was Metal Gear Solid and I never finished it...but I play all my films on it.

p.s. why is Blu-Ray in quotation marks?

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Cup
Just waiting on someone to unleash the PS3 power, GT5 could be (should be) the start of PS3 power over 360. Fair enough the 360 has the legs on PS3 now, but I still say the station will have it's moment.

Nothing at the mo :(
Well it's a good job I've got both then...so perhaps you should 'have it'

The last game I got for PS3 was Metal Gear Solid and I never finished it...but I play all my films on it.

p.s. why is Blu-Ray in quotation marks?

I had "Both" lol.. sold the xbox lol

57 Clio Campus Sport
The thing is by the time GT5 comes out, Forza 4 will be out, GT5 would have to do something spectacular just to be better than Forza 3, and if it manages to do that, Forza 4 will come out and own it.

BMW F31
^^ hence i have an Elite and standalone Sony bluray player, when asked by friends why i didnt get a PS3 my answer was, "whats the point"!

i have several friends using PS3's just for bluray and their xbox's for playing games!

Mito Sportiva 135
GT5...they pretty much went back to the drawing board once they saw Forza 3, which tells you how confident they are in their product...Forza 4 will be out before GT5 at this rate.

And if your argument is to buy a PS3 games console to watch films on, that says it all really!

Anyway, getting off the fanboy wars - I am REALLY looking forward to Reach!

57 Clio Campus Sport
GT5...they pretty much went back to the drawing board once they saw Forza 3, which tells you how confident they are in their product...Forza 4 will be out before GT5 at this rate.

And if your argument is to buy a PS3 games console to watch films on, that says it all really!

Yeah, that means they will play it and realise they have just put a year more hard work in to GT5 to make it a bit better than Forza 3 and they have to start over again, which will take them another year, Forza 5 comes out and the circle goes on and on. I reckon GT5 will wait until the next consoles and be the first sim on next gen so people will buy it, then Forza 3D will come out and kill it.

PS3 was the first Blu-Ray player that was forward compatible (you could update the firmware). So if you had bought into Blu-Ray when it was new and gone for a Blu-Ray standalone then you would have paid more money than a PS3 and then have to buy another one when they made them future compatible. So if you invested in Blu-Ray from the beginning the PS3 was the best hardware to 'watch films on'.

The fact that there is sometimes a game worth buying that is only on PS3 is an added bonus.

Last edited:
  182FF with cup packs
Yeah, that means they will play it and realise they have just put a year more hard work in to GT5 to make it a bit better than Forza 3 and they have to start over again, which will take them another year, Forza 5 comes out and the circle goes on and on. I reckon GT5 will wait until the next consoles and be the first sim on next gen so people will buy it, then Forza 3D will come out and kill it.

Sounds a bit like Duke Nukem Forever. Everytime they got anywhere close to releasing it, a new gen of video cards came out, so they had to recode the graphics engine otherwise it would look shite.

So maybe GT5 is the new DNF

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yep. Same here.

I bought a launch PS3 and sold it after MGS. I then bought another because it was only £40 more than a BR player. I only use the thing for Blu Ray. It's useless online, and that's what gaming's all about, for me.

The BR player is it's only saving grace. You can't say i'm a minority either, look at the figures.

Octy VRS
Xbox is undoubtably more popular but you can't say it's completely useless online. I a lot and hardly get lag or dropouts. I know most games are multiplats but who cares. It does what I want but I'm no hardcore gamer either. If I was it would be on PC.

Those who think a forza 4 will be released on the xbox are imo somewhat optimistic. 2-3 was a big jump, its fair to say the xbox has leveled out in graphical terms, still not bettered the 2008 game gears of war 2 for graphical capabilities.

At best a forza 4 on the 360 would be a slightly more polished forza 3, but 3 was such a good game it doesn't need polishing!

360 has had a laughable 4 exclusives in the last 18 months! Forza 3, Halo wars, Halo expansion pack thingy (ODST) and another unforgettable game. Its just as well multplats look slightly sharper on the xbox otherwise it would have failed a long time ago.

PS3 has caught up both in terms of AAA exclusives (actually overtaken) and in sales terms Its currently behind by 5 million sales. Its arguable that at least 10 million xboxes are 'replacement' purchases too ;)

Astra Twintop
Ive seen Ps3 Move, held it, used it.

Glorified Wii mote.

Lightsaber base with a ping pong ball on top.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Those who think a forza 4 will be released on the xbox are imo somewhat optimistic. 2-3 was a big jump, its fair to say the xbox has leveled out in graphical terms, still not bettered the 2008 game gears of war 2 for graphical capabilities.

At best a forza 4 on the 360 would be a slightly more polished forza 3, but 3 was such a good game it doesn't need polishing!

360 has had a laughable 4 exclusives in the last 18 months! Forza 3, Halo wars, Halo expansion pack thingy (ODST) and another unforgettable game. Its just as well multplats look slightly sharper on the xbox otherwise it would have failed a long time ago.

PS3 has caught up both in terms of AAA exclusives (actually overtaken) and in sales terms Its currently behind by 5 million sales. Its arguable that at least 10 million xboxes are 'replacement' purchases too ;)

LOL. Just LOL.

182 Full of Fat
My ps3 has been in my cupboard since I completed Metal Gear.
I even managed to forget about it and bought a stand alone blu-ray player lol

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
...its fair to say the xbox has leveled out in graphical terms...

...and so has the PS3. That's the problem with fixed hardware platforms; you can't simply whack in a new graphics card. Improved and new/novel rendering techniques and optimised algorithms are where it's at.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Problem with an Xbox for me was reliability. After 3 in 5 years I gave up. Just shocking. Expecting customers to pay £100 for a repair which is only further warrantied for a year and only originates due to an inherent design problem, I find it insulting. I'm just as keen on my PS3 as I was on my Xbox.