ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Game of the Year

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Nominees (and selected format) :

Uncharted 2 : Among Thieves (PS3)
Forza Motorsport 3 (XBox 360)
Dragon Age : Origins (PC)
Grand Theft Auto IV : Episodes from Liberty City (XBox 360)
Batman : Arkham Asylum (PS3)
Gran Turismo PSP (PSP)
Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 (XBox 360)
Halo 3: ODST (XBox 360)
Left 4 Dead 2 (XBox 360)
The Sims 3 (PC)
Football Manager 2010 (PC)
inFamous (PS3)
Street Fighter IV (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (Nintendo DS)
Killzone 2 (PS3)
Assasin's Creed 2 (XBox 360)
Scribblenauts (Nintendo DS)

I'm sure Modern Warfare 2 will be a massive contender come decision day, but it's up against some great games that have been released this year. I thoroughly enjoyed Batman, and then there's Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2. Also Assasin's Creed 2 still to come.

Quality year of gaming :cool:

Clio
Doesn't a extension pack of the Sims win it every year?

This Year is The Sims 3: Store Cupboard and accessories extension pack + Out of date food products bonus pack.

Audi S1
FPMSL! :cool:

Aye, they did - good point! Proper bargain that is too - if people are thinking of buying it. :)

D.

I did - all the add on aswell worth £40 :)

People I know are still buying them add on's - I've lent the disc to 3 ppl already lol

Where did that list come from as surely the GTA dlc can't be included! I suspect the answer is MW2!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Where did that list come from as surely the GTA dlc can't be included! I suspect the answer is MW2!

Its the Episodes DLC, which actually comes on a disc meaning you don't need the actual game. Hence why it's there, I guess.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Golden Joystick Awards 2009: The Winners

Family Game of the Year: LittleBigPlanet
Bliss Handheld Game of the Year: Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Retailer of the Year: GAME
Mobile Game of the Year: Metal Gear Solid Touch</B>
Nintendo Game of the Year: Call of Duty: World at War</B>
MSN Multiplayer Game of the Year: Call Of Duty: World At War
The Rampage Sountrack of the Year: Guitar Hero World Tour
Xbox Game of the Year: Gears of War 2
PC Game of the Year: Fallout 3
Amiqus Games UK Developer of the Year: Jagex
PlayStation Game of the Year: Killzone 2
Publisher of the Year: Activision Blizzard
Online Game of the Year: Left4Dead
ShortList One to Watch: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Ultimate Game of the Year, together with Zavvi.co.uk: Fallout 3

Its the Episodes DLC, which actually comes on a disc meaning you don't need the actual game. Hence why it's there, I guess.

I know I have the disc:cool: I just think its a cop out in packaging DLC and palming it off as a full game! (I know its 15hours + but its just recycled GTA4!)

Also (and am just being pedantic as ever;)) why have they chosen just one format for the multiplats? Given some of them aren't even released yet its not as if they have chosen the 'best version'!

Also is that a UK list as no Demons souls on the Piss3?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
FIFA has got to be up there, such an improvement over last years and over this year pro evo. Has took football sims to a new level aswell.

Batman was awesome, think maybe no decent multiplayer may rule it out though.

Can't be decided until MW2 and AC2 IMO.

Nissan 350z
Nominees (and selected format) :

Dragon Age : Origins (PC)

Im currently playing through this on the PC its actually VERY good. Its basically a more polished, updated Oblivion + Baldurs Gate combination. Deffinately worth a go.

LY 200
I love football so can hardly give a fair reflection however as a casual Golf man Tiger Woods is quite possibly the best sport sim i have ever played - Maybe it got overlooked as its not as popular but i would rate it as the best game ive picked up in years tbh.

As for Pro Evo - Ooooooooookaaaaaaaay!

E87 118d M Sport
Uncharted 2 for me. with MW2 at a VERY close second.

havent played AC2 yet, so i wont incluce that in my decision.