ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For once a good service (182)

Dear all.

just got my 182 back from the 12000 mile service and what can i say, wonderful.

i was a bit edgey to say the least, with all the bad reports about dealers, writing off cars and dents when getting car back and price.

well the car went in this morning at 9am, and i told the girl i dont want it washing, incase of a new dents and scratchs appering with the YTS lads washing the car. she asked why i explained, she then went and got the valet manager and he comes and tells me, their is nothing to worry about sir, you car is in good hands. (yeah right).

i also had some warrenty work need doing so they said i could pick the car up at 4pm, due to the 4 major problems i thought that wasnt to bad.

just picked my car up at 4pm and what can i say, the car looked stunning, proper full valet inside and out and manged to get all the crap stains out of the seat belts. and no dents or scratchs.

plus the service using 5w 40w oil elf etc.... and all filters changed and top up on all fluids and screenwash, and new wiper blade.

all problems fix, well seem to be, only driven it home

total bill for first service £140.00 inc vat, well chuffed

nice to see a good service for once.

Renault Lewis Reed

Prenton

Wirral

Merseyside /North west

[Edited by greer182 on 25 April 2005 at 5:03pm]

I use the same garage.
However I only use them because there cheap there completly useless for everything else from my experiance. Id never use them for anything beyond services.
Id list the points them and there bodyshop have failed on and lied but wed be here for a while.
The parking a nightmare as well there.
However one of the mechanics who works there is a Cliosport member or forum user I think.

Quote: Originally posted by mr sheep on 25 April 2005
how come you get a valet, ?? i didnt on my recent 18k service

They always valet your car at Lookers. I think one advanatage is they can check for any paint damage.
There washes, cheap services and courtesy cars are there only advantage.
The bloke who works on the parts counter is real helpful though.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

did they check the pollen filter mate? that is normally £19 on top of the service.

checked the cabin filter, which i think is the pollen filter isnt it. not replaced, only done 12000 miles when do you change it or does it depend on how dirty it is.

Quote: Originally posted by Doigy on 25 April 2005
Ive left my 182 at the dealers today for the temp sensor sorting so no talking about dints and scratches

<hijack>Ive recently had the same thing done mate. It took the dealer a while to fix the fault - it turned out to be a wiring problem on my car - and now shes taking a good leathering every day with no probs. No dents either, although they did do 60 miles and empty my petrol tank :mad: </hijack>

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

If they did 60 miles in mine id hit the roof.Theres no way id want them fetching bacon butties in my car.They cant possibly need this many miles to find a problem

ian