ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For people who mod their cars

that might be coz CIS do not care about any modifications done to the car unless they increase the bhp of the vehical!

i told them i raised the suspension on my vitara and they said ahh that doesnt matter

First post:D

from my dealing with insurance companies over the years, if they can shaft you over any detail of mods then they will.

I have been through the claims process with a modded car and have seen what is involved, and personally I would say declare everything.

Suspension and exhausts will definitely void your insurance unless declared.

Another point that most people have overlooked is that if your insurance is void because of mods and you have an accident, then in the eyes of the law you are driving without insurance.

All mods have to be declared from date of fitting and not from next renewal date as well.

I am thinking about starting to mod my clio, nothing too fancy just exhaust, suspension, brakes and air filter but I will be checking with my insurance company first. On that point is anyone here insured with more than?

arg insurance i a dogey game, we pay over the top preimuim, and then they will try and shaft us on the insurance.

tho..... when some fukker drove into bak of my fiesta i took his insurance company for everything.

i got £1000 for my J-Reg knackered 95,000 miles on the clock fiesta, they started at £300, but i wouldnt give in and eventually they had to pay up, because basically i said that was the amount i insured my vechile for, and its what it is going to cost me to replace my car.

was quite chuffed when i got £1000 and then could afford to buy my RT :p

and then did the insurance company for personal injury, alot of u might not agree with it, but if u had wiplash and were offered atleast £1500 u wouldnt turn it down. paid for overdraft through first year of uni.

p.s. only paid £400 for my fiesta :D