ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For the track day enthusiasts

pappasmurf

ClioSport Club Member
  Arctic Blue 182
Evening all,
On Saturday I have my first ever track day. I'll be at Donnington to which I live quite close. I've also booked some tuition as its my first time.
The car is standard with the exception of a decat and I'll be taking a spare set of wheels to put on whilst there which 15 inch r888.
My question is, what should I be taking with me. I was gonna put together a basic tool kit but for those that live and breath track time. Was just looking for some pointers as don't want to get caught out.
Thanks in advance

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Cable ties and gaffer tape [emoji23]
But in all seriousness, don’t bother. Unless you gonna carry spare parts you won’t be able to fix much on the day. Just take it slow! Learn the track and the car! Make sure all fluids are new or at least at correct level. Keep an eye on temperatures. Don’t spend more than 10-12 on track at a time. Give car same amount to rest. Look in the mirrors and give way in a timely manner where safe. Don’t be afraid to ask questions (you doing it now ) everyone is super helpful at the track. And most have tools so you would be able to borrow! Just have fun and enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Personally I have taken a basic tool kit, jack, breaker bar and that's probably it. Only really need to change pads or wheels. Maybe a tyre pressure gauge and a pump to put them back to road pressures after. Check all the fluids and give the car a once over before and after each session and as pule said spend around 10ish mins at a time. Keep an eye on the mirrors.

pappasmurf

ClioSport Club Member
  Arctic Blue 182
Cheers people, appreciate the feedback. I may just swap the wheels before I go and just take a torque wrench with me to check tightness every so often along with a tyre gauge.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Take your wheels with you always worth having spares just in case you get a flat.
Torque wrench, pressure gauge and foot pump, some top up oil and you should be fine.
If you have standard wheel bolts (not stud and nut conversion) check torque after each session on track as they come loose