ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ford Fiesta Ecoboost Zetec S

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You have a massive front plate width wise and only the centre is required. Looks a tad silly imo.

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
You have a massive front plate width wise and only the centre is required. Looks a tad silly imo.

It's a standard 3/4 plate what was off my Clio so it's smaller anyways so the writing is smaller so might make it look weird with a private plate maybe?
Maybe get a smaller one.

Cheers Coby :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I managed to get a proper run in a nice Red one today. I defy anyone not to lol driving a Mk7 Fiesta in any guise. Especially the ZS ecoboost.

Sadly it was a bit wet today but my god what fun. For a modern car it feels properly connected to the driver.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
How you getting on with this Dolan ? Spotted one local in Panther Black for a very good price, going to go and test drive it see how it feels but I really like them. What's real world MPG like?

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Ben I love it so cheap to run £50 fills the tank and i have just done a 10hour round trip with 63mpg so it's not too bad coming from a 999cc engine. You should go test drive it. It's very nice to drive.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Would love them to make a small fiesta sized van with this engine. Would suit me perfectly for jobbing around doing normal day to day plumbing.

As great as this engine is, Daihatsu has been doing this for decades. The charade Gtii must be over 25 years old now and was making 100hp from 999cc back then. They were capable of 200+hp when fettled with too. Why has it took so long for others to follow suit?? I'm all for eco engineering when they knock things like this fiesta out.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Ben I love it so cheap to run £50 fills the tank and i have just done a 10hour round trip with 63mpg so it's not too bad coming from a 999cc engine. You should go test drive it. It's very nice to drive.

How do you manage to get such decent mpg? My dad only gets around 40mpg from his! Although that is in Focus guise.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's going to run completely different mate! What a crazy post.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I found the 1.0 ecoboost in the focus to be pointless. Wasn't even particularly good on juice.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Would love them to make a small fiesta sized van with this engine. Would suit me perfectly for jobbing around doing normal day to day plumbing.

You mean the Zetec and Zetec S van that they already sell?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
It's going to run completely different mate! What a crazy post.

Absolutely mental I know :eek: :rasp:

Some cars it barely affects it running with premium fuel so it's not exactly crazy?

I haven't even consulted with him about it yet, he probably does run it on the good stuff though when I think about it (fuel funded by work)

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
I found the 1.0 ecoboost in the focus to be pointless. Wasn't even particularly good on juice.

I totally agree, I had the use of one from work for a while and it didn't work for me at all.

I can imagine the fiesta/this engine combo works very well but the focus just felt underpowered for motorway cruising, it always seemed to full of turbo lag, and as you say wasn't great on fuel.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Got my order placed on a brand new one Dolan :eek:

Are you still enjoying it? I've read very mixed reviews on average MPG. Most being nowhere near the quoted figures from Ford, what are you getting?