ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ford Focus RS : day 101 : Trackday noise test

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I wasn't on track. I was there as a stop off to setup for my boost and torque limit video, got chatting to a marshall, and he said "bring your car over" and got on the radio so I jumped at the chance.

At least now if I spend £500 on a day and some insurance I know there's a chance I'll get a full day out of it.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I wasn't on track. I was there as a stop off to setup for my boost and torque limit video, got chatting to a marshall, and he said "bring your car over" and got on the radio so I jumped at the chance.

At least now if I spend £500 on a day and some insurance I know there's a chance I'll get a full day out of it.

Why not just do a different track? Goodwood are awful for noise limits..

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Why not just do a different track? Goodwood are awful for noise limits..

Local, iirc

Exactly this. It's on my doorstep and I like how they run it there. You never have more than 10 cars on track at once and it's a 2.5 mile circuit...that's 0.25 mile of track per car to work in. So even if they do let their guard down and allow an idiot on track, generally, they're not going to ruin your session/day.

To put that into perspective imagine a trackday at Brands Indy with a maximum 4 car limit!

That's why I like Goodwood so much.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly this. It's on my doorstep and I like how they run it there. You never have more than 10 cars on track at once and it's a 2.5 mile circuit...that's 0.25 mile of track per car to work in. So even if they do let their guard down and allow an idiot on track, generally, they're not going to ruin your session/day.

To put that into perspective imagine a trackday at Brands Indy with a maximum 4 car limit!

That's why I like Goodwood so much.

I get it mate, I used to instruct there years ago and my old man still does. Always found it a bit of a boring track myself but that's what makes the world go round aye!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I get it mate, I used to instruct there years ago and my old man still does. Always found it a bit of a boring track myself but that's what makes the world go round aye!

It is indeed. I love the place myself. The history, the fact that it's the only circuit in the country that's not been sanitised over time, the fact that it's f***ing fast, the way it's so immaculately maintained all year round, it's just a nice place to be at any time.

It's even better that I occasionally get to hammer my car around there. It's a proper drug.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
The static test at Goodwood is easy to pass (like
most uk circuits) I was also well under with my 172/ PMS exhaust system. However I got black flagged after one lap, after pinging all the sound metres around the track.