ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ford Ka paint touch up

MartinL1993

ClioSport Moderator
So after the girlfriend managed to pick up a mark on the corner of the bumper I set about correcting it.
IMG_0001.JPG

Picture as it was before I started

I proceeded to use 1500 grit and started to remove the surface abrasion, which I quickly realised wasn't harsh enough so opted for a razor blade to remove burrs and the 750 grit to get down to a decent state to apply primer
IMG_0003.JPG

First few coats of primer revealed I hadn't got the surface smooth enough as little marks bug me so this resulted in sanding back ready to attack again with the primer
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG
Once I was happy I removed the masking and set about blending in the edges with with 1500 grit into the surrounding paint, this step I didn't picture!
Then proceeded to applying colour which was done in light-medium coats as it was wuit a nice day and the paint seemed to be taking quite well with no running etc
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG

(Megane just has to be in photos haha)
I then set about removing any masking tape still on the paintwork and lightly scuffing surrounding paint ready for the lacquer to give it more of an even blend
IMG_0022.JPG

MartinL1993

ClioSport Moderator
Next stage was applying lacquer same way as the colour but ended up adding a few coats to this to give me the scope of wet sanding/polishing
IMG_0023.JPG

Next up the obligatory bug decides to sit in fresh paint picture
IMG_0025.JPG

Carefully removed with a cocktail stick and a few more coats added
To which this is what I was left with the next day
IMG_0026.JPG

Followed up with a full decon and wash before it was time to get the polisher out
IMG_0028.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG

Parks next to a railway so not surprised by all the iron particles that reacted
Finally the finished result, minus having nothing at the time to polish in the fog light
IMG_0031.JPG
IMG_0032.JPG

Clio F1 197 Cup
I was about to say... you used straight masking tape lines, you could have back folded to prevent a straight paint line. But jesus that looks epic. Job well done sir!

MartinL1993

ClioSport Moderator
I was about to say... you used straight masking tape lines, you could have back folded to prevent a straight paint line. But jesus that looks epic. Job well done sir!
Yeah I hadn't intended painting into the masking tape it just happened haha
I just sanded it back which helped reduce the line and also key the surrounding paint
Cool tip thanks for that!
Appreciate it mate

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
That looks great! Would never notice. It would really bug me having the chip next to the fog though