ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forge Hoses

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
I have just received a set of MTC hoses, does anyone cut a little from "upper" and "lower" joints or just fit them as they are? I've got the same problems as the OP

Thanks

I’ve had not issues with mine since I cut them back. Just take your time to get a straight cut.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Yeah if not more. I cut it off evenly from each end. I just used a brand new Stanley blade.

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
I think I will measure and cut the maximum amount to have a total length as the connection pipe.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Ive been looking into getting a set for my clio & its cheaper to go silicone than original hoses.Well if you buy the MTC ones or Forge maybe.

Screenshot_20190606-105549_Chrome.jpg

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
You also have to cut from MTC, I have them. You measure to be sure to cut the maximum amount, I think in total is more than 1 1/2"

Last edited:

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Bit of a resurrection here. Has anyone blanked off the two misaligned T sections? The OE hoses don't feature this heater matrix bypass design?

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
So the pic below (not mine) showing "Upper" and "Lower" are meant to go to the Heater Matrix connections in the bulkhead however they are so far part I'm going to struggle to get them lined up to the matrix connection.

Please note on the pic below they are closer than mine are

View attachment 1355415

Thanks as always in advance.

Tom

Ah, sorry, I was meaning the heater matrix bypass section pictured above/below.

I think this connection is what was giving the OP issues with fitment, as it makes it awkward to fit the hoses onto the heater matrix connections on the bulkhead.

The original hoses dont have this.

WP_20170202_13_28_43_Pro_LI.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Ah, sorry, I was meaning the heater matrix bypass section pictured above/below.

I think this connection is what was giving the OP issues with fitment, as it makes it awkward to fit the hoses onto the heater matrix connections on the bulkhead.

The original hoses dont have this.

View attachment 1653398
I'm pretty sure the oem one does have that?

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Screenshot_20230721_151320.jpg

They're joined together, I presume for keeping things tidy/secure. But it doesn't look like there is a coolant path between them.