ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forgot to renew my car tax!!!

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Just realised it ran out at the end of august!!! Am i going to get shafted with a fine now???:dead:

Last edited:
  Fiat Punto GT
Yeah get it done online ASAP. You'll be fine and shouldn't get a fine. Unless you get spotted by one of their cameras.

RB 200 Cup!
^ yep what he said

those adverts that talk about issuing automatic fines (which sounds like within secs of knowing you havent renewed) - scaremongering me thinks

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
They'll simply backdate the payment so when you go and get it, it'll expire when it was originally meant to if you get what I mean...

Clio 182 Cup
i forgot to do mine 2 it ran out at the end of aug! relised saturday and got it done strait away! should be fine just say u was away!! £115 i didnt need goin out of my account tho :(

Ph1 172 + Combo van
you have to pay back all the months you've missed i think.

How can you pay for missed months when it's a set fee anyway!!! :S
dude. they will back date the payment. so you will have to pay a certain amount for how every many weeks or months you are over due.

on a seperate note, someone i knew tried to renew their tax online and it came up saying this car does not need the tax renewing to 2060. went about 8 months without renewing it but she had to sell the car so had to renew the tax phoning and was just simply made to pay for the months that she had missed.