ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm on my original and its been back once, so its pretty trustworthy, just out of space and no HDMI.

Lee

BMW M2C
Has it been back for repair at all? Mine was pretty reliable tbh although not a launch console it was an early non HDMI one and it got battered for a good 18months plus before deciding it was going to need a trip to be repaired.

Yeah, it died once while hammering COD4. So you can see how long the old gal lasted. I've grown attached to her. :eek:

Not bad at all. I just saw the opportunity to sell mine to a lad at work after the repair and get the bigger HD and HDMI so did it when there were some deals on the machines.

Alot of the interviews they keep mentioning about game modes and users having alot of freedom with game types. I'm wondering if it will give you options like proper measured touge either with rolling or standing starts. Will be interesting to see a full car and track list along with info about mods, the paintshop, game modes etc.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Last few corners on the ring.. f**k it up? Reeewind? ;)

Hopefully lap times will indicate if its been used as otherwise people will just use to get a collection of perfect corners.

I'm sure one of the developers mentioned in a video posted here that lap times set via means which gained any form of advantage would be listed as such in the leaderboards.

EDIT:

Just realised Roy had answered the question already.

Lee

BMW M2C
Haha, very true.

It was a special day, meeting you in that carpark. Even if you did take pics of me :( lol..

It was indeed a very special day.

I've been trying to find the pic of you with the pink bag. I think it got deleted when my PC was wiped at work. I don't think I've got a copy at home. :(

The Bus and MRT
I'm just hoping they get on and release what they had at E3 as a demo on XBL, and soon!! Need something to keep me occupied until the release date!

Don't agree tbh mate... as much as I want the full game I think a demo will ruin the excitement and it will be painful going back to FM2 after playing it which is all we've got to keep us entertained until October ;)

3 new circuits to keep us lot occupied for a few months will be fine, lets face it on Forza 2 we don't really use many more than that anyway!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I still regularly play on Mugello short. LMAO at Lee driving into the brick wall on Mugello Full.

lol, that's happened so many times, the other one is when someone selects Tsukuba short and people pile into the corner by not turning right.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
lol, I'd only made the same mistake myself a few days before, but was still funny to see you do it.

Only thing that's worse than doing it yourself because you arent paying attention is someone else doing it while alongside and taking you with them. Had it done to me on mugello and I was not amused, lol.

I'd say no seeing as they appear to be developing it with the Fanatec in mind. I'd guess at support for the Fanatec and MS wheel.

[YOUTUBE]ubea_LZdubk[/YOUTUBE]

Citroen DS3 DSport
Unfortunately so as I have a G25 at home, not so keen on having to buy another wheel and pedal combo.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I could always sell my G25 and order a Fanatec Turbo S wheel which is suitable for both consoles.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Turbo S is around £400 though. I've only recently bought the MS Wheel knowing F3 was going to support Fanatec. I can see me ordering the Fanatec and selling the MS though if F3 is blinding.

I'm in the same position but, there's no way I'm selling my G25. Not unless these fanatec contraptions also work under Windows...

More pic whoring!

mf3v.jpg

mf31.jpg

mf32.jpg

mf33.jpg

mf34.jpg

mf35.jpg

mf36.jpg

mf37.jpg

mf38.jpg

mf39.jpg

mf310.jpg

mf311.jpg

mf312.jpg

mf313.jpg

mf314.jpg

mf315.jpg

3597911968_64994621a0_o.jpg

3597915184_8ff5f2e05b_o.jpg

fm3e3r811.jpg

fm3e3r814.jpg

Yup. It's going to be incredible without doubt. It's not so much the visuals that excite me, it's the fact that they're going to be the wrapper for an excellent game.

It's running 720 Roy, there've been a few comments about it being 1080 but I've read somewhere it's 720 native but lets face it that's what GT5 is running at and perfectly acceptable IMO at 60FPS and most importantly running that physics engine.

Handling and feel, Royston - far more important! Graphics will always be secondary...

D.

Totally agree. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, that is exactly why I'm playing the caps down a bit. They're high res renders, resized and resampled with silly ammounts of AA. They're not representative of how the game will look on a TV. That said, it's still going to look shockingly good, and play even better.

It's running 720 Roy, there've been a few comments about it being 1080 but I've read somewhere it's 720 native but lets face it that's what GT5 is running at and perfectly acceptable IMO at 60FPS and most importantly running that physics engine.

Again I agree. I'm not arguing. I'm simply saying those caps, despeite being 720 pixels high, are not natively rendered at 720, as they will be on the xbox. If you think they are, I suggest one looks closer at the areas where you'd see aliasing. They're either resampled, or the game will have 32xAA...

I stress, I don't care. I'll love playing it even if it looks s**t, which clearly it doesn't.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Totally agree. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, that is exactly why I'm playing the caps down a bit. They're high res renders, resized and resampled with silly ammounts of AA. They're not representative of how the game will look on a TV. That said, it's still going to look shockingly good, and play even better.

Let's hope so. I wouldn't mind giving this a bash, even though I am console-less - lol!

D.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Stunning!

I watched the developer interview last night. They're really taking everything into account. Sidewall deformation FFS! How anal can you get.

Just the way I like it. Ahem.