ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Sky are fine for me, mine was down in about 20 mins. Didn't get many laps in last night and won't get any in tonight.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Demo.

Select your car > Select your color > Select your Assists and Difficulty > Push "Y" for the Leaderboards > Push "A" to Start Race.

Mini JCW
Demo.

Select your car > Select your color > Select your Assists and Difficulty > Push "Y" for the Leaderboards > Push "A" to Start Race.

Got to the leaderboards dude, how do you toggle to timetrial / free run from here? As all I can seem to do is toggle drift / time?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Don't know mate, I haven't tried it yet. Just passing that on. I'm presuming "time" is the time trial, which is a free run as you can have as many laps as you want with the car of your choice?

Finally got it downloaded at 10:20pm last night so played for an hour before bed.

I'm pretty impressed and can't wait to get my hands on the full version. A few initial impressions...

Handling is excellent and realistic, if you edge on to the grass you can feel the car being pulled in that direction and weighting up (not like Forza 2 swamp mud, which stop you dead). The car weight transfer over bumps, jinks, uummps etc is nice. It's difficult to really explore the handling give the short, tight track i.e. no really high speed corners, long straight, heavy braking etc....

Graphics - nice and smooth and a step up from Forza 2. Cockit view is quite cool and pretty driveable, allbeit it feels like you're driving a letterbox when in the cockpit of the Porsche! Bonnet cam is also very driveable and give the best feeling of speed.

AI - much improved over Forza 2, there don't appear to be any rails to follow - however why to do they all brake at the little up hill jink left before the final hairpin?

Will play more this evening.

A4 Avant
Started downloading at 9.00 this morning. Now on 80%.

Canny wait. I'm supposed to be working on the house, but I think I may get side tracked.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
who's bought some Forza clothing then? I opted for the sports jacket and racing shoes :approve:

Last edited:
  m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
i just managed a 102.183 in the porker i got 101.5 but i clipped the grasson a corner so they didnt count that lap which is mega gay because now i cant get bk to it

The Bus and MRT
Handling is excellent and realistic, if you edge on to the grass you can feel the car being pulled in that direction and weighting up (not like Forza 2 swamp mud, which stop you dead).

IIRC the "swamp mud" only kicked in when you went too far onto the grass and was to prevent people cutting corners.... personally I hope it does the same in FM3 as people could really take the piss on tracks like Nürburgring

1.8 Civic EX
had a go last night, all aids off and manual (tried manual clutch too but just couldn't get it for some reason lol) one race in each car, all using in-car view.

agree with the comments about noticing the grip change over bumps, round corners etc but the view just felt a bit odd...almost like the car was actually staying still and it was the track moving around the car if that makes sense. I'll give it another go at somepoint and use the bonnet view (thats how I played forza 2) and see what it's like...

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
had a go last night, all aids off and manual (tried manual clutch too but just couldn't get it for some reason lol) one race in each car, all using in-car view.

agree with the comments about noticing the grip change over bumps, round corners etc but the view just felt a bit odd...almost like the car was actually staying still and it was the track moving around the car if that makes sense. I'll give it another go at somepoint and use the bonnet view (thats how I played forza 2) and see what it's like...

go on time trial mode gayboy 100 times better you get as many laps as you want

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I tried the manual clutch for a bit last night, was quite liking it, I imagine it would be awesome with a pedal set with a clutch.

I don't see the point in using the clutch without pedals. It also continues to annoy me that I have a G25 and can't use it with the x360.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
i tryed the clutch this morning i think if it was above the throttle it would be easyer to use i jus get the braking all wrong where it is

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I agree with Roy, its only properly do-able IMHO if you've got a relevant wheel & pedal setup. Fanatec is going to cost me some dough it looks like.

The Bus and MRT
I agree with Roy, its only properly do-able IMHO if you've got a relevant wheel & pedal setup. Fanatec is going to cost me some dough it looks like.

Do you know if the stand you have will work with the fantec mate? I've got the MS wheel at the moment and I'm going to get the stand but I can see myself going the same route as you and wanted to update to the fantec in a few months... I just can't fork out for the stand and fantec wheel in one go

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Do you know if the stand you have will work with the fantec mate? I've got the MS wheel at the moment and I'm going to get the stand but I can see myself going the same route as you and wanted to update to the fantec in a few months... I just can't fork out for the stand and fantec wheel in one go

unfortunately not, new stand will be required also.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
my thoughts exactly mate, hopefully be able to map the controller in the full game :)

or just leave it in auto lol there not much in it i dont think. we need to set a race up when it comes out i havent even races you on forza 2 yet

The Bus and MRT
unfortunately not, new stand will be required also.

:dapprove: do you know if there is a similar stand that would work with both? I don't mind paying a little more initially so I have the option of upgrading to the Fantec at a later date...

BMW F31
thats the premium theme? I was thinking about getting that....what does it actually change? just freinds bit or the job lot?

yeah it is, it changes the friends bit and the background, plus when you check memory etc it changes the background there too.

its the first premium theme i've ever bought, i quite like it :)

oh and this is my avatar :)

Mike is your gamertag mike8796? keep wondering who it was lol but now recognise your avatar

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
:dapprove: do you know if there is a similar stand that would work with both? I don't mind paying a little more initially so I have the option of upgrading to the Fantec at a later date...

I don't know about both, I know their is one for each.

The Bus and MRT

Answered my own question :D I'll just get this whilst I save for the Turbo Fantec wheel...

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
yeah it is, it changes the friends bit and the background, plus when you check memory etc it changes the background there too.

its the first premium theme i've ever bought, i quite like it :)

oh and this is my avatar :)

Mike is your gamertag mike8796? keep wondering who it was lol but now recognise your avatar

thats me mate when you want your ass whooping like i whoop ryans drop me a message or an invite lol