ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Forza 3

No sign of mine, although there was no sign of any post today including my insurance docs which were also sent 1st class. No doubt neither will arrive tomorrow and then the strike will kick in and I'll be royally fucked. Royal Mail = useless workshy bunch of c*nts.

Nippy white cup
I've had an email from ukmail saying I will get mine tomorrow.....also found out that the local depot is open 24hrs so if I do miss the delivery I will be bobbing over to Preston to pic it up :)

Chris

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Standard Royal Mail 1st Class

So tomorrow or more likely Thursday, if it went today.

If it goes tomorrow, good luck :p
Well i logged in after work at 5ish and it was dispatched today, hopefully get it tomorrow then!

Not that bothered if it comes late though, got the new car to play with instead :p

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
thats ashame, my sister bought her bf forza 3 and it arrived today and i wanted to play it, and dont spose i will be able to buy it until friday now!

Toyota MR2
ahh! might help. shall browse settings now. didn't realise how long the game was! 3 hours drive time has got me 4.5% into the game! level 10 driver, enough for now. gets abit boring.

edit: cant find the option to move the cam back :(

Last edited:
  MKV R32
have to say, im slightly disapointed.

theres a big lack of new cars, mainly just new aussie cars and big trucks, hardly any up to date stuff which is a massive disapointment, what really annoys me is how many jap cars there are, theres like 5 NSX's and close to 10 types of skylines.

The drag seems to be utter tosh aswell.

The game is seriously easy even with hard settings, and whats with you getting a new car every level, and super/turbos being like 3000 credits.

after the 1st series i already had 57k im pretty sure on forza 2 that took alot longer than that.

Engine swaps, makes me laugh that ive been able to stick a 5.0 V8 in my focus RS and still keep it FWD, i thought this was meant to be the most realistic driving game ever

BMW M4; S1000 RR
There is still a lot to be desired. But the game is lovely. And online is going to be a blast. Shame there don't seem to be tournaments though...

Nope, they had to cut that at the last minute as a result of collision detection/clipping issues the hand would pass through the wheel. I can understand why people want it but at the same time I'm yet to see a game implement it properly. The bottom line is the game cannot read your mind as to when you are going to shift and as a result is always after you've shifted. GT guesses and begins to move the hands when you get up high in the revs but that's not much use in the instances you short shift etc. Even with that piece of coding it's still too slow.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Enjoying the game so far, trying to max the Veyron on Le Mans is good fun. Only gripe I have is the VIP download doesn't seem to have the exclusive theme your supposed to get.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
let face it, then game was never going to live up to massive hype. Just enjoy it for what it is.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
let face it, then game was never going to live up to massive hype. Just enjoy it for what it is.

Very true, much like Fifa and GTA IV. However, what it has done is averaged higher than any other racer around at the moment, and scored consecutively well from all reviews.

People expecting far too much from a computer game, sometimes.

There's a real life out there, too. Just put the controller down and open the front door.

Computer games are a break from reality, yet people want them to be more realistic than life itself.

Nippy white cup
Like Clart says...I don't know what people where expecting. IMO the demo was superb especially considering the 1 small track and 5 cars....to have hundreds of cars and loads of tracks THEN all the painting/tuning/photomode bits before I even mention the huge online game choices means it will be pretty much perfect to me

Chris

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
off sick today, negative side is I have been up since 4am coughing up all kinds of nasty stuff, positive side is, well I'm sure I don't need to bother telling you what that is ;)

Lotus Exige, 182
^ I agree with all of this. Just hoping it arrives before the postal strike (or royal fail do us a favour and get it cancelled)!

C

Cupster

Been playing GT5P for like two hours (Just got a PS3). Crock of shite compared to FM3 Demo! Roll on 23rd FFS!!!!!!

Mine dropped in this morning woot!

As for the "wasn't as good as I was expecting" I think as gamers we're spoiled these days and with titles getting better and better and graphics getting closer to photorealism people are getting so nitpicky it's untrue. Bottom line is it's a AAA title despite being a driving sim which lets face it isn't a genre that is that popular compared to FPS etc. It's also by far the best driving game currently available despite it's minor faults and has been turned around in 2 years.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Mine dropped in this morning woot!

As for the "wasn't as good as I was expecting" I think as gamers we're spoiled these days and with titles getting better and better and graphics getting closer to photorealism people are getting so nitpicky it's untrue.

After the slating you gave Royal Mail, yesterday ;)

I stand by my statement, luckily I was just going out the door as he attempted to ram my LCE through the door and I stopped him mangling the box thankfully.