ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FORZA Laptimes

MY10 R35 GTR
Right lads since we've got the demo what kinda lap times are people doing?????

All driving aids off!!!!

Name class and car then the time set.

Just a wee teaser since we aint got the full game yet. ;)

if i get it quick enough i may be able to get a laptime that beats someone lol but give this a day or 2 and everyone will be so much faster :(

is it a gold only download ?

Citroen DS3 DSport
I may have an unused Gold account 1 month trial code at home, I'm sure others here will have too, that you can have.

Do these trials have a time limit for activating them?

I may have an unused Gold account 1 month trial code at home, I'm sure others here will have too, that you can have.

Do these trials have a time limit for activating them?

not thats i know of. if you could send on emy way it be great i just dont want to pay for it while im playing oblivion only as it seems a waste of money to not use gold functions

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'll have a look for one when I get home tonight, will be around 6pm. I'm heading out tonight but will head home first so that I can start the download.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
Well I'm extremely disapointed tbh :s

ditto, not impressed with anythign about it really, car models, damage, graphics... everything really, and my mate has a s**t old sd tv it looks no better than forza 1 on that! to be fair it looks s**t loads better on my hdtv but still not impressed one bit

Well I'm extremely disapointed tbh :s

ditto, not impressed with anythign about it really, car models, damage, graphics... everything really, and my mate has a s**t old sd tv it looks no better than forza 1 on that! to be fair it looks s**t loads better on my hdtv but still not impressed one bit

I know yeah, i smashed into the wall at the end of the straight doin silly speeds and i just bounced off it, happened to land facing the right way and just carried on driving with no problems.

Also considering the dev's seem to stress that the AI actually reacted to you, they don't have f**k you up round corners. To be fair ive only given it half an hour, but lost count of the amount of times ive been half way through a corner to find some t**t AI smashing into me and pushing me off the track or making me spin. I wasn't overly impressed by the sound either. The super cars especially just sound like your normal car. I want them to be extra loud and roar like they do, well like they do when i see them about.

Ive also noticed that the brakes are extra sensitive. If i push more then 3mm on the left trigger my brakes just lock. I read a lot of feedback on the OcUK forums, and people were talking about how easy the brakes were to lock, but i just thought that it will be people just literally slamming them on, but even if you put the brakes on just gently theres still a high risk that they are going to lock. Maybe its just that I'm used to PC sims, and using a MOMO wheel.

Although there are a fair few amounts of different cars on the demo, i find myself being bored after trying around 5 different cars. I know its only a demo, but maybe if they had included a longer track, or even multiplayer on the track they have already added, it would keep people satisfied until the release of the full game.

On the graphics side of things, i wasn'y overly impressed to be honest, i was expecting it to blow my mind for next gen racing games. Although to be fair, the demo didnt have AA, whereas the full game aparently will. Another thing is well, after hearing an interview with one of the developers, he said having the game running at 60fps really gives you the sense of speed. Personally i disagree, i was plodding along at 150~ down the straight and it really didnt feel like i was going that fast what so ever.

Overall i just think that it hasn't lived up to all the hype that it has gotten. I will most likely still buy the full game though...

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
nope forza demo dont work need a tv for 60hz instead of 50hz guess i wont be using my xbox again then.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I have spent about 30/45 mins on this all day and tbh I put Test Drive back on... Although to be fair you can't really moan as its a "demo", but if the game turns out to be the same then I don't think I will be buying it.

Hope PGR4 is better?.

MY10 R35 GTR
still reckon forza would beat it. never a big fan of pgr, it seems to be all bout doin the biggest slide

am i theonly one that likes forza?

Cliosport 172
awesome! only thing missing is the in-car view, which i hope they put in the full game but other than that wooooohoooo can't wait for the full game!!!