ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Found a Clio 182. Highish Mileage, any good?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Most stuff is an easy enough fix really. Up to you with regards paying £150 for two months warranty. Personally If it has niggles you will find them in the first month

FF Orange Clio 182
Most stuff is an easy enough fix really. Up to you with regards paying £150 for two months warranty. Personally If it has niggles you will find them in the first month
Ok, with the warranty will it cover pretty much anything to do with the engine, pumps, exhaust etc? I bet he'd do the warranty for £100 if I give him the cash and it's peace of mind. Who does the repairs, the garage or RAC?

FF Orange Clio 182
Ok he said engine and gearbox I do believe, but generally do pumps and belts etc count as engine?

FF Orange Clio 182
Ok turns out it's 2250 with no warranty, 2350 with 1 month and 2400 with 3. Have decided to leave it for now since I'm not keen on the mileage.

FF Orange Clio 182
It's not a warranty as such though? Isn't that just my rights?
It seems a bit ambiguous. If it's described as "excellent throughout" on the website what are my rights? What do you think would be considered reasonable/unreasonable to assume?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Reasonable to assume is buy another car from another dealership. Just sounds to much of an ass tbh

330i. E30 Touring.

Chances are, people on here selling are going to be more honest and up front about a car's quirks. Which with a ten year old Clio, they all have!

FF Orange Clio 182
Thanks. I've just changed from wanting a Fiesta ST so haven't been looking for over a week. Have been through ebay, autotrader etc and nothing else that stands out. Not wanting something Silver either so my options are quite limited lmao :smile::smile:

I've had a quick look through the classifieds on here but haven't really found much
Might just monitor for a bit unless anybody's seen owt?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Or buy one that's close and have the engine shat itself and have no car at all :)
Decision, decisions. For the price, the arctic blue seems a good buy.

FF Orange Clio 182
Hate having to choose let alone wait :tongueclosed:
I've got all the searches saved under favourites so just gonna check every day or so.
I will become a member if I get one. Any advantages for now? I've noticed the wanted section is locked :dizzy:

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Where abouts in the country are you?

Assuming you are near durham going off the location of the RB you will be close to dtm cars, worth a look to see if they have anything in that takes your fancy :)

FF Orange Clio 182
Where abouts in the country are you?

Assuming you are near durham going off the location of the RB you will be close to dtm cars, worth a look to see if they have anything in that takes your fancy :smile:
Yeah I'm from Bishop Auckland. I live about 10 mins from the garage with the RB and it would only be an hour up to dtm. Have had a look on their website, what kind of reputation do they have?

330i. E30 Touring.
Honestly, don't worry how far you have to drive to buy it if it's the right car.

It'll be a damn sight less than you'll be without a car if you buy a shed that spends time in the garage. Not to mention cost. lol

172 cup
It wont be pushing 200bhp.
Check service history for aux/cambelt/dephaser work and who by.
If it hasn't been done, take £600 off the asking price.
Colour is nice, you will find better in the for sale section on here though.
I want to buy a 182 after test driving one recently, that one was black running around 200bhp apparently but the dealer didn't know exactly. I have found another locally in racing blue with 100k miles which looks good. It has a miltek, induction and uprated mounts?

It has grey alloys so will it be a cup?
Full service history, comes freshly serviced and a mot'd I believe

Could be test driving it tomorrow, what to look out for?
Am I right in thinking it should have just had cambelt and aux belt done at this mileage?

media

media
Looks in very nice condition, love the colour too! I always look for paper work. Check the MOT history to check its not been clocked.
Link ===> https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history-vehicle (you may already know this tip but a very good tool to check any MOT fails / advisories

I recently bought a 100K 172 cup. It came with 4 folders of history receipts etc.. The guy i bought it off just spent £1700 this year on pulleys, belts, New stealth cat back from K-tec and K-tec panel filter. I paid £2200. To be fair i thought i paid a little over the odds but all the paperwork its condition i didnt mind paying that.

I just hope these engines last if looked after. Whats the highest miler thats known for the 1*2? Anyone know?