ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Found this pipe tucked away in a hollow in the hollow offside structural member- cant be a fuel return - what is it???

Hilux

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup F1
While sorting out the ex Mark Fish Motorsport 182 I came across a pipe with 90 degree connector tucked away inside the structural offside member just below the headlight assembly passing through a grommet. Upon tracking it back it follows the fuel pipe back under the car and then disappears up in front of the fuel tank alongside the fuel feed. I assumed it was a fuel rail return pipe but cant see what it was connected to. The car has the standard fuel rail. The car starts/runs with it as found. Any ideas and why it would be disconnected/hidden away [assumed redundant] ? :unsure:

PS: The taut red wire is for the horn - its got an aftermarket crimp spade connector so will chase it back as the steering wheel is changed and no airbag/horn yet the car is MOT'd :unsure:

IMG_1022.JPG

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
It's for the carbon canister. Mines been removed for massive brake ducting and I've left mine venting to atmosphere

It's only for fuel vapours from the rank to be passed through a charcoal filter so it doesn't ruin the planet

#S3nd1t

Hilux

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup F1
Thanks for the replies. :) The car has had a number of modifications/additions and this is my first time with a Clio so not aware of what everything is [or was]

Hilux

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Cup F1
It's for the carbon canister. Mines been removed for massive brake ducting and I've left mine venting to atmosphere

#S3nd1t

The car has brake ducting, I've temporarily removed the duct pipe from the front vent and also the diverter to the brake caliper/disc.

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

IMG_0941.JPG