ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FREE insurance

so, if i wanted to do a bit of upgrading on my ICE. colour code all black plastic, and possibly change the rims and real clusters, i would be entireley ok??

megane

rite m8 yer best ringin them up 1st as yer allowed 1k of extras on the insurance as long as it aint performance related this includes lowering springs (fukin basterds) just give them a ring m8 they can only say no then u can just put the mod on anyway as long as it comes off;) hehe

andy

yep its £1k of non-performance enhancing mods, unless you speak to the kind person i di (cant remember her name though) i now have lowered mine 35mm, induction kit and full exhaust, all declared on my policy,

free of charge

No they dont mess the speedo cos most likely you will get bigger wheels with lower profile tyres, therefore your rolling radius will be almost the same as before.

Renault insurance, phone them before evry modification you do. Most will say its fine, mines lowered 60mm, 17s, colour coded, ice. etc. They cover £1k ice and up to £1k of styling mods. Obvious consideration is lowering bigger wheels etc will invalidate any warranty claims you try to make against steering or suspension problems.

Good luck enjoy.

thats right. if the mod is what causes damage then your warranty wont cover it. but i spent £3000 on my car in the first year and lied about the cost and they covered me!!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Fordy on 07 July 2003

So I could put some 16" Speedline Turinis, and lower it and they would be fine?
but i wouldnt be

Mr Bat would be making a call