ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Freesat hd, setting it up?

172 Cup
If you already have a dish then it's a case of coaxial cable from the LNB and connect it for the respective F type satellite input on the TV.

I assume there's a set-up feature in the tv menu somewhere.

You're a man. Press buttons on the remote until something happens ;)

Z4
If you already have a dish then it's a case of coaxial cable from the LNB and connect it for the respective F type satellite input on the TV.

I assume there's a set-up feature in the tv menu somewhere.

You're a man. Press buttons on the remote until something happens ;)

I have a sky dish but that's not set up on this tv. Would that help?

Ps - I dont know what a lnb or f type thingys are ;)

I must admit I am a legend with the remote being a man and all, however I just don't know where to start with the cables!

172 Cup
If you've already got a dish up then you should have a coaxial feed into the house. It will be a cable with a metal connector on the end that looks like this -

f_type_threaded_new.jpg

If so connect it to the TV and assuming the dish hasn't be moved and is still working your skills on the remote should result in Freesat.

Z4
If you've already got a dish up then you should have a coaxial feed into the house. It will be a cable with a metal connector on the end that looks like this -

f_type_threaded_new.jpg

If so connect it to the TV and assuming the dish hasn't be moved and is still working your skills on the remote should result in Freesat.

Sky currently goes to the tv in the living room, this is for the bedroom, would I need a splitter so that it still goes to the living room, but another one goes to my tv?

Cheers for your help mate, much appreciated :)

SLK250 CDI
Need to add another cable from the dish to the bedroom (two if your TV has recording functionality). Then connect the dish end to the box (LNB) at the front of the dish if it has spare inputs on it. If there are no spare inputs, then you need to buy a replacement box for the dish, called a quad or octo-LNB.

clio 182 + cup packs
like above new feed from the dish if you have a spare way in the LNB ( bit on the end of dish) if not you need one with more ways,

you cant just use a splitter its not that simple due to the way the signal is sent post would be far to long explaining why tho lol

Clio 182 cup'd
search ebay for a quad LNB. They are so easy to fit so well worth it! Do it quick, England Vs Holland is probably in HD on Wednesday!!

Z4
Just taken a photo of my dish, it seems there's a spare place to put the cable perhaps?

Cheers for all the help so far, legends.

As for the coaxial, can it be any one that I can pick up from homebase or something? Or a tv shop etc

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Yeah, you've got a quad-LNB there.
Only thing now is getting the cable & connectors. I put mine in myself (mainly thanks to working for an electrian at the time - access to cables, connectors, testing equipment etc).

Freesat uses the same satelite as Sky, so it is as easy as routing a cable.

clio 182 + cup packs
you just need some ct100 cable and two f connector ends b and q will have em

make sure its ct100 cable not rg59 both look similar but the ct100 has a screeen and is for satalite installations

Z4
you just need some ct100 cable and two f connector ends b and q will have em

make sure its ct100 cable not rg59 both look similar but the ct100 has a screeen and is for satalite installations

Sounds easy enough then, what connectors should I be getting?

Can't say thankyou enough guys, a world of knowledge :)