ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Freeview+ box and freeview

Ok, so I move out next month into my new flat and it has only a single line feed as all flats seem to.
Now the tv my flatmate has already has freeview built in but I want to be able to record at the same time as I currently have sky+ and used to being able to record so looking at a freeview+ box. Internet is too slow in the area to use tvcatchup or a youview box/virgin.
Read that the humax boxes are one of the best (http://www.maplin.co.uk/humax-pvr-9300t-500gb-twin-tuner-freeview-pvr-626487) so looking at the PVR 9300T but it needs a twin line to record and watch I believe which we cannot have.
Now I have read we can have the the built freeview and this box connected at the same time so we can use the Humax box to record and then watch freeview on the built in freeview box. Is that right? If so how do you go about doing this? Can you just split the aerial cable to both and you are sorted or not that simple?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Freeview = Splittable So if your box has 2 inputs you can watch and record by splitting the ariel (most boxes do this internally and rarely have 2 inputs)

Freesat/Sky = Typically requires one feed per use so you cant watch and record without 2 feeds . (there are exceptions, but it gets complicated)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Ok, so I move out next month into my new flat and it has only a single line feed as all flats seem to.
Now the tv my flatmate has already has freeview built in but I want to be able to record at the same time as I currently have sky+ and used to being able to record so looking at a freeview+ box. Internet is too slow in the area to use tvcatchup or a youview box/virgin.
Read that the humax boxes are one of the best (http://www.maplin.co.uk/humax-pvr-9300t-500gb-twin-tuner-freeview-pvr-626487) so looking at the PVR 9300T but it needs a twin line to record and watch I believe which we cannot have.
Now I have read we can have the the built freeview and this box connected at the same time so we can use the Humax box to record and then watch freeview on the built in freeview box. Is that right? If so how do you go about doing this? Can you just split the aerial cable to both and you are sorted or not that simple?

1. Don't think that's the case. Certainly wasn't when I had my 9200T.
2. From memory (and I got rid of mine a while ago now) there is an aerial in and out on the back of the box. So Wall - Humax - TV.

Again, that's all from memory for something I had like 4 years ago, so could be (probably is) wrong.

Freeview = Splittable So if your box has 2 inputs you can watch and record by splitting the ariel (most boxes do this internally and rarely have 2 inputs)

Freesat/Sky = Typically requires one feed per use so you cant watch and record without 2 feeds . (there are exceptions, but it gets complicated)

So I can just plug it in normally and worst case split the cable to go to both inputs if it has 2 on it?

1. Don't think that's the case. Certainly wasn't when I had my 9200T.
2. From memory (and I got rid of mine a while ago now) there is an aerial in and out on the back of the box. So Wall - Humax - TV.

Again, that's all from memory for something I had like 4 years ago, so could be (probably is) wrong.

So itd just plug in line in that case then. Either way it seems im covered :)