ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French car show - 5th June 2011

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Good day today, still feel like the show needs some more 'stuff' just lacks something to keep me interested all day. Parade lap was great, apart from me almost going across the grass in the chicane at the end of the main straight! woops!
Shattered now though, so off to bed once ive picked Japspeed's tyres out my hair and ears.

that scooby was amazing. I can still smell rubber on me LOL

Was a good day getting to meet other club members and see their cars, some really nice cars out there. (Specially RB with TDF bodies, really nice car!)

Great turn out and CS defo put the rest to shame, great turn out and good to see everyone was sensible on the parade lap, ish;).

Enjoyed watching couple bin it out on track in the afternoon at the chicane after the straight.

Big thanks to the Admin team! :approve:

Megane 225 F1
Just got home, Was a great day. You guys can be a right b**ch to park up ;)

Parade lap was good fun. Passenger took some pics so I'll take a look at them later, but being at the back I was able to see the whole lot of you :)

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Did anyone meet you this morning after cause me and kris182 was waiting in cardiff services for over half hour and no one showed up not even scott ,
we started to make our way up @4.35am and met hodgins on the way

Must of just missed you. I waited from 3.55 to 4.25 and assumed you must have already come and gone, so I made my way up on my own. Found some other clios, a meggy and a c2 about 20 mins out, so tagged along with them

Good day! :D

Good to meet some new people although very few actually say who you are :( Owen was a hero with the ants, the rest of your great big massive tarts wouldn't last 5minutes if you were stranded in a jungle.

He does a very good job of it, but sometimes it may take a few days.

Some might say 'exceptional'

A_J

Renault clio 2002
Dave88

Ok i understand that im not moaning about the time its taking i just feel that him saying that i was the highlight of his day it being abit rube and it my first time meeting everyone and didnt feel welcome and im put off going any other events

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Good to meet some new people although very few actually say who you are :(

It was proper early when I came over and said hello Dan, can't remember if I introduced myself as my forum name, as I cringe doing that, lol. I think T'Boosh did it for me though.

I'm just disappointed you didn't mock my fashion sence in RL ;)

Megane 225 F1

Good to meet some new people although very few actually say who you are

IIRC I walked over to the tent and you and someone else (can't remember who, might be Dave) told me to learn how to use paint so I can be Mace when he's not around.

It was proper early when I came over and said hello Dan, can't remember if I introduced myself as my forum name, as I cringe doing that, lol. I think T'Boosh did it for me though.

I'm just disappointed you didn't mock my fashion sence in RL ;)

Yeah. You did. I totally forgot you were normally fashion impaired! Lol. I didn't even notice what you were wearing but I did mock someone for silly 'Tom' shoes.

IIRC I walked over to the tent and you and someone else (can't remember who, might be Dave) told me to learn how to use paint so I can be Mace when he's not around.

It was Dave when he was talking about how much he loves Mace's body.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
My highlight was spotting the slip on shoes that seem to be the trend ;)

I had a very enjoyable time. Cheers everyone! :cool:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
had an awesome day, didnt get a chance to speak to any of the members, i was pretty much on my own with very little scottish lot there this year! highlight of my day was sitting back watching all the guys walking up taking pictures of all the cars, skipping mine then taking pictures of the next lot haha, imagine this wouldnt have happened if i brought the black ph1!!

Sorry I'm an ignorant c**t, I was showing the Mrs around as it's her first year at FCS :)

Panda + track = awesome!

"This is a FRENCH car show".... 'oh s**t, is Fiat not french?!'

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Was it revels that tried to get brian down on price for me?

Didnt work :(

ph2 172
Had a great day out all day, on the drive home it was raining, coming round a corner i go round every day, the usual 20ish mph not even on the throttle, under estimated the amount of surface water. The car spun out, two alloys have been kerbed badly and I think a wheel bearing has gone. Truely gutted but glad I didn't hit anyone or anything.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Had a good day even though I spent a few hours of it cleaning some white wheels caked in brake dust :(

Only bad thing was just as I was about to leave some tool decided to pull his standard red 1.2 into the space next to me, the wrong way round and slightly close, he said the wind caught hold of the door and it smacked off the cup :( sadly I was too tired to even care, its only slightly chipped so gives me something to play around with in the next few weeks when I detail it

Also is there no chance of a location change? The wind and dust is getting out of hand really puts a black mark against the show for me, I couldnt help but cringe at the people polishing there cars

Last edited:
  DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Also is there no chance of a location change? The wind and dust is getting out of hand really puts a black mark against the show for me, I couldnt help but cringe at the people polishing there cars

+1, the amount of dust on peoples car and then seeing them rub QD etc into the paint was playing on my mind also.

Did I catch you swapping over your Speedlines on my way out? They looked great in the flesh!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
+1, the amount of dust on peoples car and then seeing them rub QD etc into the paint was playing on my mind also.

Did I catch you swapping over your Speedlines on my way out? They looked great in the flesh!

Yes mate that was me, they were awesome but the ammount of people who walked by and commented on how good the 'compomotives' looked started annoying me haha, the ph1 parked next to me will now be wearing the black speedlines and mine will be on the white chrono's for a while
I'm not sure if I can say where it is next year, but it's not at Rockingham.

I really really would love it to be at silverstone or a good track with plenty of spaces for parking etc

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I've just asked the question on the FCS facebook page so will report back if I get a response :)

Trophy #387
Well it was my first FCS and I had an awesome day, drooled at most of the cars there and i'm in envy of some of the guys on here who have amazing clios :( Those Japspeed drift cars are out of this world and the girls are just as nice :) was surprised it was that boyzone guy (Shane Lynch) driving one of them lol

Only criticism is that it was just too early and therefore I went home after the parade lap... I had woken up at 2.30am to meet up with the south central convoy and I didn't feel like staying any longer tbh as I was so tried.

Anyhow, it was nice meeting people and seeing everyones cars, the convoy up was great fun and the CS stand put everyone else to shame :)

I actually quite enjoyed the day this year. Last year was s**t tbh. The actual show this year was s**t aswell.
I think it was more of the fact that I knew more people this year and met some people aswell.

Cant wait for CSS. Going to be 10000000000 times better. No chavs, pikeys or pricks about. Just us cool kids.

EDIT: Also, well done Adminz and the people that helped you guys out. You showed that the club is soo much better than any other.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Well it was my first FCS and I had an awesome day, drooled at most of the cars there and i'm in envy of some of the guys on here who have amazing clios :( Those Japspeed drift cars are out of this world and the girls are just as nice :) was surprised it was that boyzone guy (Shane Lynch) driving one of them lol

Only criticism is that it was just too early and therefore I went home after the parade lap... I had woken up at 2.30am to meet up with the south central convoy and I didn't feel like staying any longer tbh as I was so tried.

Anyhow, it was nice meeting people and seeing everyones cars, the convoy up was great fun and the CS stand put everyone else to shame :)

Should have come up with me and mk1 boys, 8:30 meet, straight there, no traffic, no queues.

Done.

C3 Picasso Beast
Who was taking pics of us on track? Was it someone from CS or was it the event organisers?

www.robmcdougall.net

They said the pics would be up by next Sunday apparently and you can buy them off the site :)

I thought the show was OK, got a bit boring at times but it wasn't so boring I wanted to leave! Spent a good 7 hours there which proves it couldn't have been that bad. Parade lap was the highlight, was expecting a steady paced drive around as previously said in this thread but ended up a good little blast...loved the tunnel before hand! Also free bumper cars were good as those operating really couldn't give a toss what you did.

Last edited: