ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show - Good Day Out

ITB BG 182
on our way there i was leading an as we got to the traffic light philots pulls aside to me with a paxo infront but not far enough for the sensors to catch him hense it was on red for a long time, big gob here sticks his head out an shouts for him to move forward as the sensors etc etc, phil + passenger just look'd at me gob smackd

80MPG BEEZA
very good day today my first fcs and not my last, was loving the track had lad from k-tec nervous saying we were gunning for him with the nos, i wont mention which cars but 3 cars broke very simple rules on the track, all is on video cam anyway and you can see morky giving k-tecs car a run for its money considering its tyre brake setup :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
An okay day, very cramped parking I assume through the organisers not giving us enough space and I agree that there wasn't much of an atmosphere. The CS stand felt pretty abandoned most of the day.

It was better that it wasn't just one long line like last year, but I felt that because of that there was less structure to the stands and I didn't really know where I was 'meant' to be walking. Track time was rubbish from a viewing point of view.

Saturday night was fun though. :)

80MPG BEEZA
An okay day, very cramped parking I assume through the organisers not giving us enough space and I agree that there wasn't much of an atmosphere. The CS stand felt pretty abandoned most of the day.

It was better that it wasn't just one long line like last year, but I felt that because of that there was less structure to the stands and I didn't really know where I was 'meant' to be walking. Track time was rubbish from a viewing point of view.

Saturday night was fun though. :)

well atleast you didnt get sent to the wrong end then be parked off to one side for half an hour then had to get help from another person finally being turned around and sent the right way, then werent allowed to leave before 4 would have been 5 if it hadnt rained, but yea when i got over to the cs stand it was pretty empty as most of the public and other car groups didnt want to venture through the tunnel again

Leon Cupra 300
on our way there i was leading an as we got to the traffic light philots pulls aside to me with a paxo infront but not far enough for the sensors to catch him hense it was on red for a long time, big gob here sticks his head out an shouts for him to move forward as the sensors etc etc, phil + passenger just look'd at me gob smackd

lol, but there's a way of asking! A nice way, and your way!!!!!!!:cool:

M

mini-valver

Sunday was good I thought, trade stands were all pretty decent. Track was pretty much un-watchable though which was abit dissapointing.
It was worth it for saturday night alone though, DaveS2K is a dancing god, lol

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
I was so far at the back, I might as well have parked in the public car park.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Other than me bein Ill, it was a semi decent day out. Didn't think the turnout was as good as last yr.

Positive aspects were the tracktime, much better than last yr.

Stand was a bit of a mess tbh, no structure and we had to wait to get out as somebody parked in the access bit.

Long was for us scots! And unfortunately i don't think we'll come to any more unless they go further north! -Bit pathetic to think the FCS office is in Fife (Scotland) and we have to drive 7hrs to get to the show!

Next yr mid grounds or scotland (Knockhill) would be brilliant.

Ali

RB 182
2 1/2 hours drive down, because my navigator got the wrong motorway lol, but my 1st FCS was brilliant!

Really worth the £12.50, took my mates white VTS down the 0-60 because he was too scared, 6.7 second inc mahooosive wheelspin setting off!

Parked in CS but didnt see anyone to talk to, so went and chatted to my mate on SaxoSC lol

This is mine, was only there while my mate put his VTS on the rolling tho, but waiting for him i saw sooooo many cars i see on here every day!

FCS019.jpg

The Renault 5 GTTs were really good too, the old skool blue one was wicked!

FCS001.jpg

I thought it was an ok day. Track didn't lend itself to taking pictures, you could only get a good view of two of the corners. I'll upload some of my photos soon. On the whole everything was better than last year! Food was extortionate, but was to be expected reallly!!

God some of the promotions girls were RUFF!!

1/4 mile was ok but would have been more funwith cars running next to each other.

Commentator needs to learn how to commentate!!

Agree with this man.... alot better layout apart from that bloody tunnel but you can't get everything perfect!!

Was a good drive down although i felt the odd one out in a ford focus lol (i know its a french car show) and trying to keep up with a V6 when your late and its chucking it down is a nightmare!!

Gotta add that maz looked good as always ;) haha

Kiza

I was wondering who the Focus was :lolup: - Im surprised I kept up with everyone in my dCi 65!!

ITB BG 182

lol, but there's a way of asking! A nice way, and your way!!!!!!!:cool:
Yea but my way was the quickest way as we were all in a bit of a hurry.

1.6 focus zetec....
Agree with this man.... alot better layout apart from that bloody tunnel but you can't get everything perfect!!

Was a good drive down although i felt the odd one out in a ford focus lol (i know its a french car show) and trying to keep up with a V6 when your late and its chucking it down is a nightmare!!

Gotta add that maz looked good as always ;) haha

Kiza

I was wondering who the Focus was :lolup: - Im surprised I kept up with everyone in my dCi 65!!

Was ment to be going in my cousins hybrid but still painting the engine block atm so ended up in the foccie!!

Yeah you did very well... jumping a few red lights along the way :quiet:

M

mini-valver

I'd of come with mate if I'd have known! Everyone left Wetherspoons so I had another beer and went! 9 pints of guiness and 3 buds are playing havoc with my arse now though :(

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Other than me bein Ill, it was a semi decent day out. Didn't think the turnout was as good as last yr.

Positive aspects were the tracktime, much better than last yr.

Stand was a bit of a mess tbh, no structure and we had to wait to get out as somebody parked in the access bit.

Long was for us scots! And unfortunately i don't think we'll come to any more unless they go further north! -Bit pathetic to think the FCS office is in Fife (Scotland) and we have to drive 7hrs to get to the show!

Next yr mid grounds or scotland (Knockhill) would be brilliant.

Ali
Ill, you mean drunk :rasp:

It was a long drive indeed for us all down too.

Saturday night was funny as hell. Maybe organise a meet for us scots in a cabin or something.

dk

911 GTS Cab
FCS, well, first fcs for me. It was ok, nice cars, track was fine. Seemed ok, food was expensive, beer was funny tasting. However i do have one complaint, i found it a bit bad, even coming from an Area Rep here, that no ADMIN whatsoever introduced themselves, or even walked around saying hi or hello to anyone.

May have helped a bit to boost the clubs presence and overall kindness.
Hi there, by the same token, did you come to the club tent and say hi yourself?

As admin we were there fomr 7 am, got the stand ready, put the club tent up and made it habital and arranged the merchandise.

Then we had to try and park 200 cars in some sort of order which at the speed people come on the stand is a very difficult task, made even more difficult by the fact there were three clubs together etc.

We finished this by about 11 and then spent most of the day in the tent selling merchandise to existing and potential members.

I myself went around talking to loads of people and met loads of people i haven't met before.

And I know the other members of admin were doing the same, then we had to take everything down in the rain at the end of the day.

I think we did pretty good and while to you it might have just seemed like you had a job parking and then enjoyed the day its actually been a lot of hard work for the team today, i didn't get to see any of the other stands except the meganesport one and didn't get to go into the infield.

Feel free to come and say hi next time!

'18 Megane dci
I'd of come with mate if I'd have known! Everyone left Wetherspoons so I had another beer and went! 9 pints of guiness and 3 buds are playing havoc with my arse now though :(

Good grief!! Smashing weekend though, entry to the venue was shocking, needs more entrances to avoid bottlenecks like this morning.

Maz

LY 200
It was worth it for saturday night alone though, DaveS2K is a dancing god, lol

Cheers, I aim to please :D

Had to sample it Maz, was superb actually :p Think everyone else had gone to bed! *YAWN*

I know I got the OMG text ;)

Where did you guys go we got split up at the end of the night :dapprove:

Good laugh though .. :approve: should do it again very soon.

M

mini-valver

Agreed, we waited an hour and half just to get in. Middo's car was drinking V-power and laughing at him, lol

M

mini-valver

Cheers, I aim to please :D

Had to sample it Maz, was superb actually :p Think everyone else had gone to bed! *YAWN*

I know I got the OMG text ;)

Where did you guys go we got split up at the end of the night :dapprove:

Good laugh though .. :approve: should do it again very soon.

You lot went to bed did'nt you? we were still dancing away trying to take Dave's lead ;)

Defiantely do it again sometime, arrange a meet/piss up

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator

As admin we were there fomr 7 am, got the stand ready, put the club tent up and made it habital and arranged the merchandise.

Then we had to try and park 200 cars in some sort of order which at the speed people come on the stand is a very difficult task, made even more difficult by the fact there were three clubs together etc.

We finished this by about 11 and then spent most of the day in the tent selling merchindise to existing and potential members.

I myself went around talking to loads of people and met loads of people i haven't met before.

And I know the other members of admin were doing the same, then we had to take everything down in the rain at the end of the day.

I think we did pretty good and while to you it might have just seemed like you had a job parking and then enjoyed the day its actually been a lot of hard work for the team today.

Yes i did DK, i spoke to mattbrown, brian and a few others. I introduced myself, but i wasnt welcomed when i walked into the tent, no hi or such like.

Further to this, when i brought over two of my scottish team, noone even spoke when we walked in the tent again, and RufStuf was even in to buy merchandise.

The parking was fine, i wasnt driving due to issues with my car.

I would just like to say i'm very sorry to those people that were there today and saw me but I never saw / spoke to you!

I know TomS was waiting to speak to me twice today and some how I managed to ignore him both times - really sorry Tommo.

I tried to speak to as many people as poss, but it wasn't easy as I was helping Yoz out on his stand for most the day.

Dave (DK), I know I got to say hi to you and a few of the others but if I didn't say hi to you, it wasn't because I was being rude - i just missed you or didn't know you (alot of peeps know me from my pic's, but I don't know them).

Any way all the best to all, and heres to FCS 2008!

Regards, Steve.

M

mini-valver

Good to meet you Steve, glad you had clothes on though ;) Car looked amazing

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Excellent day out.

But come on Cliosport!

Why didn't we get a track posing pass, the R5 guys had the best paddock and lots of trimmings. We need the same.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

We finished this by about 11 and then spent most of the day in the tent selling merchindise to existing and potential members.

I think we did pretty good and while to you it might have just seemed like you had a job parking and then enjoyed the day its actually been a lot of hard work for the team today.

Yes i did DK, i spoke to mattbrown, brian and a few others. I introduced myself, but i wasnt welcomed when i walked into the tent, no hi or such like.

Further to this, when i brought over two of my scottish team, noone even spoke when we walked in the tent again, and RufStuf was even in to buy merchandise.

Did you say Hello to us at the BBQ in the next Gazebo????

You may have done...but never mentioned your name! ;)

Der Panzer

It's just the same ol' same ol' Adam, don't sweat it.

We had a good laugh in the pub down the road from the hotel, enjoyed our own company and got to eat fast food all weekend. Must say I though the club stand lacked effort though. I appreciate people probably did put effort in, but it didn't work; just some honest feedback.

Some dude in a silver clio took a few good photos of the convoy, think he was called Rich?? I'm sure he'll be posting them up later. Also Markcup thinks he has some video footage of one of our lot in a Trophy having a spot of bother on the track, had to limp off :eek: Stopped the session for about 10 mins, not sure what happened but i'm sure someone will fill us in soon.

Cant wait for the convoy pics :D

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator

We had a good laugh in the pub down the road from the hotel, enjoyed our own company and got to eat fast food all weekend. Must say I though the club stand lacked effort though. I appreciate people probably did put effort in, but it didn't work; just some honest feedback.

We were the life of that pub, im surprised they didnt call the police as we normally get on meets.

Would have been nice to get a team picture, just thought of that now :(

dk

911 GTS Cab

I wouldn't say it lacked effort Andy, its actually very difficult to park 200 cars arriving at different intervals in a small area, especially with two other clubs in the middle of us.

To add to that, people just didn't park where they were asked to, lots of people just parked where they wanted and caused a lot of problems.

I hate being told where to park myself normally but if its to look good on the stand people really need to park where we ask them to, and they just didn't so people were blocked in, the lines were terrible.

It was very difficult and we really lacked space. Its also hard to make sure all the people with track time can also get out at the relevant time.

So I appreciate that it possibly wasn't the best looking stand for cars this year but we certainly did try, it just didn't come off this year, we have some more shows yet this year.

We even said that there were too many cars today to do anything special, we might have to limit it to 100 cars next time and get a great looking stand?

I appreciate the feedack though.