ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

French Car Show - Good Day Out

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Who had the gazebo and chairs?

I helped set them up but never caught your name.

I was eying up Foxy's sticker but ended up leaving.

MINI Cooper S
He was one of the last - everyone asked how his tan was and screamed when one of the showgirls gave him his goodie bag

"Dont fall in Love Lusty!!"

£5.50 for abacon + sausage bageutte!
Upping Pics now - a few duplicates though.

That was me who shouted that :cool: lol! While i was stood talking to Rich... got his 182 is stunningly clean!

Last edited:
  VX220 Turbo
there were 3 entrances you must of come in the main one we got in a side one inside the industrial estate only had a 5 minute wait to go into the main arena.

dave's (swimming style) dancing was amazing!

me and my mate were still up for more drinks but you lot all buggered off to bed :(

think there was a little less of an atmosphere to our stand than ones such as the saxo one think a lot of people just parked up and went walking about for the rest of the day.

would be good to meet a lot of you guys again sometime maybe arrange a day out at alton towers or something

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Who had the gazebo and chairs?

I helped set them up but never caught your name.

I was eying up Foxy's sticker but ended up leaving.

If you mean by the BBQ...it was myself...Mandy (My better half), James (Delboy172), Kyle (Delboy's mate) amongst others...

I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked there...was too busy acting like a kiddy in a sweet shop! :rasp:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
A new 100 car excellent stand wouldnt fly with me, personally i think that excludes a lot of members.

How would the 100 be worked out? That would/could be a potential nightmare in itself. We need to get more space out of FCS to enable us to have a proper stand! Surely, if FCS have applications for 'X' stand passes...they should have enough notice to be aware of the numbers, and plan accordingly.

Maz

LY 200
there were 3 entrances you must of come in the main one we got in a side one inside the industrial estate only had a 5 minute wait to go into the main arena.

dave's (swimming style) dancing was amazing!

me and my mate were still up for more drinks but you lot all buggered off to bed :(

think there was a little less of an atmosphere to our stand than ones such as the saxo one think a lot of people just parked up and went walking about for the rest of the day.

would be good to meet a lot of you guys again sometime maybe arrange a day out at alton towers or something

Im up for that for sure Alex :approve:

dk

911 GTS Cab
A new 100 car excellent stand wouldnt fly with me, personally i think that excludes a lot of members.

How would the 100 be worked out? That would/could be a potential nightmare in itself. We need to get more space out of FCS to enable us to have a proper stand! Surely, if FCS have applications for 'X' stand passes...they should have enough notice to be aware of the numbers, and plan accordingly.
it was only a passing idea we had, reducing numbers means it will be easier to create something good, as there not a lot you can do with 200 cars, a small area, people arriving at different times and people with track time needing to be able to get out at the right time.

M

mini-valver

My olution would be to have an 'application form' as such. If you WANT to be on the stand you have to fill it in with pics, spec sheet etcand submit it to the mods. The 100-200 or whatever the number of cars that can physically fit on the stand get chosen to represent the club.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
It was DK who i was replying to, sorry for the confusion.

DK said:
We even said that there were too many cars today to do anything special, we might have to limit it to 100 cars next time and get a great looking stand?
I appreciate the feedack though.
I dont mind a "non" special stand, i think CS is more a member club, rather than "ohh look at me, ive got xyz, your other brand is inferior". Stuck up club is not CS, and i would hate to see it change to be a stuck up club.

M

mini-valver

^Wtf has that got to do with anything? There were far too many cars on the stand to be able to organise anything. There needs to be a way to reduce the numbers without causing offence. Nothing to do with being stuck up!

VX220 Turbo
clubs like megane sport met up at the asda down the road from fcs that way they could all arrive at the same time and in some sort of order I dont think the number of cars is an issue just the fact that no one arranged a meeting point near to the venue so we ended up with loads of cars arriving at different times not knowing what was going on.

limiting numbers is not a good idea it would only cause arguments as to why one car is more show worthy than the other etc.

what 1 member thinks is not worthy of the stand another person may love (an example would be lusty's car, not to everyones taste and if it was left to a vote on here probably wouldnt of got on the stand for looking "chav" yet it probably had more pictures taken of it than any other car on the stand)

Der Panzer
He was one of the last - everyone asked how his tan was and screamed when one of the showgirls gave him his goodie bag

"Dont fall in Love Lusty!!"

£5.50 for abacon + sausage bageutte!
Upping Pics now - a few duplicates though.

That was me who shouted that :cool: lol! While i was stood talking to Rich... got his 182 is stunningly clean!

I've never seen so much ownage of the same person in 30 seconds. :clown:

106 GTi
Lusty's arrival was the highlight of the day, how much abuse lol

Bet it made his day too the big ASW!

dk

911 GTS Cab
clubs like megane sport met up at the asda down the road from fcs that way they could all arrive at the same time and in some sort of order I dont think the number of cars is an issue just the fact that no one arranged a meeting point near to the venue so we ended up with loads of cars arriving at different times not knowing what was going on.

limiting numbers is not a good idea it would only cause arguments as to why one car is more show worthy than the other etc.

what 1 member thinks is not worthy of the stand another person may love (an example would be lusty's car, not to everyones taste and if it was left to a vote on here probably wouldnt of got on the stand for looking "chav" yet it probably had more pictures taken of it than any other car on the stand)
that would be nice but still, 200 cars meeting up outside and then convoying in and then having all 200 cars waiting to come onto the stand at once is also a bad idea.

Meganesport may have done that but at past 9am there were 3 cars on their stand as they were ALL stuck outside in the queue!

But I see what you are saying. We dont wan't to exclude anyone if possible as thats not what its about but when people say the stand wasn't special, there aren't many ways to get around that with that number of cars.

VX220 Turbo
it is a difficult one i know i think it was a bit of a shame though that we were left to our own ways to find our own way there at our own time.

oh and if meganesport had of done their research they'd of known about the rear entrance where there wasn't any queue at all.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I wasnt meaning that stands need to be prefect. I liked the stand this year and that is my first year.

I would love to know what the "special" and "perfect" stand means.

I like when a club is a club and the stand has cars, and members are enjoying the day.

dk

911 GTS Cab
it is a difficult one i know i think it was a bit of a shame though that we were left to our own ways to find our own way there at our own time.

oh and if meganesport had of done their research they'd of known about the rear entrance where there wasn't any queue at all.
i was under the impression there were several convoys from different areas of the country this morning though arranged by area reps?

it looked that way from looking at the threads in the local meetings section.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've not long been back.

Not read any threads or seen any pictures yet - but wanted to say it was good to meet lots of you for the first time (not forgetting the old timers).

I had a blast on track, but have driven almost 600 miles since yesterday morning so am now totally 100% f***ed.

Only downside I could see to the day was being embarassed to be associated with the masses that left so much rubbish strewn about the place - I doubt if Rockingham would host FCS again. There were 1,100 litre wheely bins every 50 metres - why chuck it on the floor :mad:

Curry + cold beer next (thanks wifey) before I catch up with all the pics.

clio 200 F4Rt
FCS..... better than last year, but worse than when it first started.

Tunnel was a joke

Only a handful of decent cars

Track way fun tho (tho shame i couldnt use my cliosport time... ho hum!)

dk

911 GTS Cab
I wasnt meaning that stands need to be prefect. I liked the stand this year and that is my first year.

I would love to know what the "special" and "perfect" stand means.

I like when a club is a club and the stand has cars, and members are enjoying the day.
a theme, a special arrangement of all the cars, all lined up nicely and winning the stand of the show award like we did last year.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
a theme, a special arrangement of all the cars, all lined up nicely and winning the stand of the show award like we did last year.

Ahh ok, sorry didnt know about that, maybe arrangement would be a tad better next year.

No harm though, the club seemed to enjoy it, no matter where people parked.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Thanks to all the members that made it today and put the effort in to display their car. Extra thanks to the guys and girls that helped set up the tent this morning.
Good to see some honest feedback from members also, it all helps us in the long run..

See you at Fcs next year... or maybe even at Donny South next month

visualize whirled pe

Ever done a wavy french flag by parking the cars in the flags colours; blue, white then red?

VX220 Turbo
worth considering but would be a b**ch to arrange.

would have to use silver instead of white as there was only 2 white ones there today i think.

one other suggestion was to arrange the cars in model order which i think would of looked quite nice and allow people to compare the different modifications between the cars more

dk

911 GTS Cab
yes, we did it in model number last year, valvers together, 172's, 182's, v6's etc.

we thought about doing the cliosport colours, but only had 3 yellow i think.

Golf R
tbh, the shape of the stand was s**t... but surely prior to the show we knew the size of the stand? It just resembled a massive car park of cars chucked at all angles and not really lined up. Surely if we say we expect 150+ cars we should be given a space of adequate size to display them without encroaching on the surrounding stands and blocking the main drive-in point?

no decent pictures of my car as they decided to put another row of cars in front of mine and to do this meant welding their back bumper to mine :mad:

well done to those who sorted out the printing of the bits and pieces for us to write our forum names on.

FF Monaco 172
I had a great day! Met lots of people and saw a great variety of Clios. I didn't like the location much and food was overpriced. The tunnel was a bit of a joke too.

Clio 172 mk2
whats all this stuff about lusty?

well I arrived about 9:45. As I was slowly pulling up to the stand a whole crowd from the cs stand saw me.

One shouted "Ed you puff"

another shouted "you know when you've been tango'd"

and when a dirrrty model came up to me and gave me a goodie bag someone shouted "dont fall in love lusty".

They then all cheered and started clapping.

It was highly embarassing, but damn funny!!! :clown:

PMSL at the model bit:D

At least you got a friendly, humorous reaction:D

Maz

LY 200
Noticed everyone had the forum names in the window, where did they come from?

Yep as Mark said, for W/C track session, I had to put mine on eventhough my plate says who I am .. :rasp: grrr Northy !!

Picked it off in the rain when I got home ;)

106 GTi
Was good to catch up with the regulars and chat to loads of new people. Show location has great potential, but that was wasted in where they put all the clubs with loads of guff non French car related stuff. Re the tunnel once I had walked across once to see the CS 12 pm Track session I could not be bothered to go over again.